Scared?
So today my baby girl (21 yrs old) calls me from her job to tell me that she has started spotting and is terrified, 30 mins later we are all in the ER waiting for a answer. We find out by way of Ultrasound that she is only 6 weeks 0 days. (We thought she was more like 8 week) but results of the Ultrasound show a gestational sac of 6 weeks but no fetal pole and no heartbeat was detected. Is this normal? It's been 15 yrs since I was pregnant with our son but I remember being 7 weeks at my first Ultrasound and seeing a mass of tissue in a jelly bean shaped sac with a faint beating spot in the center which of course was a beating heart.  We are so scared, the Doctor said that all her blood work looks great and that it could be just so early yet to detect anything. We are to follow up three days from now with more blood work to see if some number in her blood work continues to rise, (not sure what this number represents) if in 3 days this number decreases or if it just stays the same then she has lost the baby. So I guess, it's a wait and see game but it's so scary, my daughter looks to me for every answer and at 21 yrs old, she is still my baby girl and I want to make everything better for her. (We are very close) I feel like I have given her a false sense of relief cause I told her that if anything was wrong the blood work would have showed something so they are so excited again and back to planing while I'm in complete state of worry, fear and faking in the excitement now. I want to share in the joy but I think at 6 weeks something should have been detected, something, right?
I'm not a doctor and don't know for sure I do know that I got my first ultrasound at 6w5d and saw a heartbeat. I'm hoping for the best and keeping y'all in my prayers!
I would think something would show but idk just pray and stay positive I will be praying for you all
My Six week ultrasound was only a round yolk sac with no heartbeat. Remember that the baby even at 7 to 8 weeks is very tiny almost microscopic, it also grows and develops very fast! At 6 Weeks it was a tiny circle at 10 it was a tiny egg head with tiny stubs for limbs.
My friends six week ultrasound showed nothing by the way. everyone is different, it all depends on who did the ultrasound and the way her body is! It sounds safe I myself misscarried previous to this baby and by the time I spotted they found problems in my blood work. usually by the time you show physicalsymptoms of miscarriage they can find it with tests. its still early and I spotted too, her body has a life growing in her remember that, spotting happens her uterus is getting ready or that life that grows tremendously fast.
I spotted every few weeks because that's when the baby goes through growth spurts
I spotted at six weeks (I was terrified as I have had a miscarriage). I went to an ultrasound and saw bubbas heart beat at 6weeks 0days. But that was only seen threw trasvaginal ultrasound. And everyone is different. Is she cramping? Because if she is I would be worried if not you should stop worrying and get excited about becoming a nana. :-)
At 7 weeks and 5 days the doctor couldn't detecta heartbeat but I had the sac. I'm now 20 weeks and 3 days. Were all different. Hopefully its just too soon for her and everything will be fine when you go back