Septate Uterus
My wife has just been diagnosed by Septate Uterus and she is in her 8th week of pregnancy. Can the forum guide me through the 2 questions which is quite concerning me;

- Complications arising due to Septate Uterus? (Is Normal Delivery possible with this complication?)
- Worst *** worse situation?

I am concerned about my wife& my kid, I am looking forward for people who have faced this problem.

Regards
Arun M
I had a septate uterus with my first pregnancy, I actually did'nt find out until much farther into my pregnancy, so it is good that you know now, so that your wife can be closely watched and monitored. Do you know if you wife has a partial septum in her uterus or a complete septum? it makes a difference as far as the baby goes. I had a complete septum going all the way through the middle of my uterus, in my case my baby was on one side of septum (or wall of skin) and could not get into the other side. in my case that meant that the baby grew and developed normally, but when the one side of my uterus was streched as much as it could go my body though it was time to deliver the baby and I went into premature labor. my baby was born at 28 weeks gestation, he weighed 3 lbs and was 16 inches long! he was very small and did have to be in the hospital for a while, he has done very well though and today is a happy healthy 6 year old. after i delivered (which I was able to do naturally) while I was still dialated my doctors cut my septum apart and stiched it, so that it would not grow back together and being stiched apart it should effect other pregnancies. i have have sinc ehad 2 children and am pregnant with baby #4 currently. since they cut and stitched it apart it has not been an issue with my other pregnancies, although because i had the first early I have had trouble with having contractions early with my other pregnancies that has been controlled with medication. that was my personal experience it does vary a lot from person to person with septum problems if it is only a partial septum it is usually not as much of a problem, but there are a lot of variables, things you will probably want to find out is if it is partial or complete, is it in the middle or closer to one of the sides and if it is which side is the baby on (this will effect how much room to grow your baby has) if the septum blockes the cervics (if the septum does block the babys was to the cervics a vaginal delivery will probably not be possible, and will instead have to C-section. also you want to make sure your doctor is up front with everything (my doctor was'nt and I had no idea until I was in labor early) on if you are probably going to deliver early, and if so how early, and procations you can take, ect. Good luck I hope your case is not as sever as mine was, but know it is still possible to have a healthy baby although maybe a little early! if you have any questions or want to know more feel free to send my a personal message! I am not a Dr, but i have been through this and have done  some reasearch on it afterwards.