Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Sex after miscarriage (still bleeding a little)

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hi everyone.  Just wanted to know if anyone out there has had intercourse after a miscarriage while they were still bleeding a little.  It's been 2 weeks since my miscarriage started and the blood has started to slow down (a little brownish)d but still therre...Just wondering if it's OK to "do the deed" with my husband tonight...  Any risk of infection?
I was put on antibiotics toward the end of my miscarriage since they told me that if I was bleeding there was a risk of infection.  So I just took the antibiotics so I would not have to worry about it.
I did the deed after a week. But I did not have any bleeding.
Thanks so much for commenting!  I think I'm going to go with my gut and wait until the bleeding stops! :)
I think you're doing the right thing, mommadadda. I was told not to have intercourse until the bleeding stopped completely. Like NewAFwife wrote above, the risk for infection is still elevated until you stop bleeding. Take care of yourself, and hopefully the bleeding will stop soon!
I was also told to wait until I stopped bleeding after mine due to the risk of infection. Good luck!
Thanks for commenting.  I just went to the doc today and he told me that I could have sex at anytime, although since I've held off for so long, that I should wait until I take my hormone tests again.  This way if the hormone levels aren't at 0, then we will definately know that it is tissue retention and not that I could possibly be pregnant!
ive recently had a natural miscarriage on nov 4th. ive bleed for two weeks and i stopped last tues. me and my fiance had sex that following thur and fri and i started spotting again. dont know if it was because of sex or miscarriage not over yet  but i asked my doc on my last visit which was wed and he said we could have sex as long as i was ok with it and i didnt feel any pain. i told him i wanted to ttc again as soon as possible cause this was my first baby and i didnt know i was pregnant until i found out i was having a miscarriage. they say most drs tell u to wait to have sex because of emotional reasons but i feel emotionally and physically ready to start again. i didnt have any pain during or after sex and found it odd that i would bleed again. but like they say everyone is different so i dont know . i go to the dr again on monday to make sure everything is ok and im praying all is well cause im ready to get pregnant again asap and also because my fiance works offshore and he will be leaving next week to return to work and i wanted us to try for these couple days that he is home cause he will be gone for  5 weeks.  i wish all the best and pray for everyone cause being a woman and the things we go through is hard... i dont think men really understand how this feels.....
stacey10 commented on stacey10's status
1 hr ago
KTowne commented on renae176's status
KTowne, and Hollus commented on KTowne's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy