Sharp Pain in right side under ribs
It's 2:30am and I can't sleep. I've got pain in my right side under my rib cage that just wont go away. I'm concerned because I am 5 months pregnant and am wondering if this could be appendicitis. I'm not sure if this is related, but yesterday morning I had visions issues for about 30 minutes in the morning. It went away, and I was left with head pressure. I am now feeling a little nauseous. Every time I move the pain is worse, especially if I move anything on my right side. I'm not sure if I should head to the hospital or wait till morning and call my Midwife and doctor then.
I'll suggest you get up, take some Paracetamol, and after a few minutes try to sleep again. Or have a warm bath, then take warm milk, sleep on your left to take the pressure off the right side.
I dont think it's appendicitis, because that one is close to your groin area on the right. That being said, in the morning, call your mid wife about the vision, she'll tell you if you need to see your doctor. All the best. xx
Personally I would head to your doctors.could be sign of pre-eclampsia particularly since you had vision problems.dont take anything until you have discussed with your doctor..
Thanks for your input. I put a cold pad on the area so I could sleep. Called my midwiffe, she said to see my doctor. Called my doctor and he said it sounded like round ligament pain. But I forgot to tell him about the vision issue. So I called Health Links and talked to a nurse who told me to see a doctor asap.

Oy...I feel like I'm being paranoid...but this is pretty painful. Now it seems to be going away very slowly, but I can feel it in my back a little. Weird. Time to head to the doctor
I am not sure if you have been checked for preeclampsia yet but vision issues with a migrain are a symptom of that. So was it a migrain or was it just head stuffiness like you are getting a cold? That being said vision issues are also associated with gestational diabetes, which I do not know if you have had the glucose test yet as they usually do it around 24-32wks. However, I see sparkling floaters in my vision and the labor and delivery nurse told me that it was normal to have that kind of vision change but it is NOT normal if it is accompanied by a headache; which I did not have. However, my head has felt stuffy the last couple days (I am due in 16 days though) but I have researched that it is normal to get cold-like symptoms during pregnancy, especially if stressed. The rib pain is normal. Your baby is getting bigger and your uterus is pressing up against your ribs. As your baby gets bigger you will notice an increase in rib pain: this is due to him/her kicking or basically pushing their feet up there. This is also normal. You should call your doctor about the vision problem, though. Better safe than sorry!
Round Ligament Pain was the diagnosis. I feel good at least knowing what it is for sure now. I felt kind of dumb once I was in the hospital and the pains started to decrease considerably...but as soon as I was done there and got up, the pain returned with a vengeance. I popped some regular tylenol so I could get some sleep last night and it was a life saver. This morning the pains haven't returned. So I'm hoping they are gone. I was worried though, because I didn't feel the baby kick since I woke up, but she's started to move around like normal now.

I guess I just have to keep reminding myself of the simple fact that pregnancy hurts. And that some pain is normal. I just didn't think I'd feel pain that bad until labor...and I know labor will be worse. Maybe my body is just getting me ready for it. Ahhhh the joys of pregnancy. It will all be worth it once this baby girl is in our arms.