Shettles Method anyone??? We would like a girl.= What got you your GIRL???
Hey... has anyone tried the Shettles method, OR How did you conceive your girl? how far before or during ovulation time??

I need answers ppl!!! that darn Chinese calander was WRONG with TJ.... so I don't trust it anymore! lol.
I am not having a girl but I have read the best to have one would be to do it 3-4 days before ovulation and a boy is either 1 day before or on ovulation day. Hope this helps.
If god wants you to have a girl .. you will have a girl... honestly..  theres no real way to guarentee a girl ( other than gender selection)
We BD on a Thursday night.  I got my positive surge on the OPK on Friday morning so we BD Friday night and then Saturday.  I'm guessing the sperm from Thursday were still hanging around when I actually conceived.  :)  

I don't know the Shettles method but I would suggest BDing right before you know it's time and then once you know you're ovulating...stop BD and hope those longer living girl sperm are still hanging around!  :)
I dunno but the whole time I was thinking "girl... girl...girl... girl..."
lmao.
I doubt that's how it really works, and my having a girl could just be coincidence...
but then again... the mind and body are 2 amazing, powerful things... and if you set your mind to it, you can LITERALLY do ANYTHING.

It's all about mind over matter. lol

So next time I'm gunna be thinking, "boy... boy... boy... boy..."
lmao
Cuz I really don't wanna have more than 2 kids. And if we gatta get pregnant 3 times to end up with a boy, I'm not gunna be very pleased. lol
To be honest, I can't remember exactly when we BD'd because I was tired of tracking it and then worrying about it, then getting BFN's.  But, I got EWCM one day and then again 2 days later (which was a Sunday).  The doctor estimated our conception date as being the day after my LAST day of EWCM (which was a Monday).  I know that we usually BD"d on the weekends because hubby usually has the most energy then, LOL.  So the sperm was probably from Friday or Saturday night.  Also, the chinese calendar, plus every other old wives tale indicated I was having a girl and I am (or so they say, LOL).  I do know that for a while I was laying down after we BD'd to "keep" the sperm in there, but then I got tired of not getting pregnant so that's when I stopped tracking when we BD'd and would just go to the bathroom as usual after.  I don't really know if there is any true way of getting a boy or a girl but I guess it's worth a shot!
Well, with this pregnancy I'd bd'd on ovulation day and got prego!  So there really isn't a method to it.  Besides gender selection like someone mentioned!

The chinese chart thing was always wrong for me too.  LOL

BUT It mostly depends on your hubby's family.  How many boys and girls.  If you look through a family tree you will see how many boys to girls and etc.  Just gotta go with the flow though!
I concieved on ovulation day and got a girl. Nothing you can really do. But I'm totally with Riot on this one.... the whole pregnancy all I thought was girl...girl...girl. If anyone tried to tell me it was a boy I told them to think girl. In fact, I told everyone to think girl because I fully believe in the power of the mind.
ours was timed conception as well, we bd night b4 "O" and day of, and we got our little girl! 50/50 chance, I think foods you eat will affect your chances more at gender swaying than time frame, only b/c it affects your cervical mucus.
Riot: We tried girl girl girl..we PRAYED for a girl... and got BOY. lol, I'm happy with him but would love a girl with mynext one.

We told them think girl tooo...... nope. lol

hubby's family ~ 1 boy 1 girl... mainly girls. (his mom, gma.. etc.) than boys. With my family it was mainly BOYS my mom had 3 boyys. .... 2 girls (M/C one at 5 mo... but had me befoer any of them)
im a beleiver in the shettles method ive read all his books and it all makes sense to me i have 2 boys and we are now using his method to try for a girl!!!
only bd ing 3 days b4 O and then not again till a week past ovulation also a acidic vaginal tract helps and shallow penetration for a girl ! good luck
I don't understand any of these acronyms, ARG>>>
My wife and I are trying for a girl too, and I searched the forum to see what was said before I posted my own question. I was worried the only answers were going to be "old wives tales" but it sounds like there might be some scientific methods that might help. I'll have to search the shettles method a little more...
What acronyms do you want to know? just post them and we will answer them. K?
I have heard that cooler nether regions produce girls....I have tried to get DH to ice his sack but he refuses!! UGH for the love of me you'd think he woulda tried it!!! MEN!! A little sacrifice!! LOL:) I have also heard the female sperm are a little slower but live longer. But in the end I think its a roll of the dice and you get what ya get:( Have you noticed that alot more pregnant woman (that I know) are having the 2nd and 3rd and so on the same gender as the 1st?? What ever happened to mixing it up a little? Good luck getting your girl but I hope your happy with another boy cause thats always a possibility. I remember being pregnant with my 3rd and finding out at my 20 week u/s that it was a boy............I cried.........I wasnt prepared for the possibility of a 3rd boy. It took a few days before I finally got excited and everyone said that was normal, I still hated myself:( This time around I am prepared for what ever God gives me. It will be my last so I am hoping for a girl but have prepared myself for another boy:)
Blueeyedtabbycat~ Yea, well I'll find out in about 2 days if I'm preggo. or I should. :) My BB's aren't even sore, which is usually a PMS sign for me, also I'm not bloated, which is ANOTHER pms sign for me..... it's kind of odd. :)
The wait is killing me!! Isnt it killing you lol!!  So in about 2 days you will have missed your period? You should get an early result test so that I can chill. Im just kidding but seriously I have my fingers crossed for you!!
I always wanted a girl. i have 3 boys and don't know what this one is yet but am guessing at a boy. as someone said, the only sure way is gender selection. But hey, you'll love them and be over the moon whatever their gender
I don't know that the shettles method is, but I'm having a girl. We actually DTD two days "after" ovulation (according to the chart), I really have no idea when I O'd. Missionary position. But I think it helped also that girls run primarily in his family. I think I just lucked out. But could someone explain what the shettles method is???
Blueeyed~ Actually with TJ I tested late the after noon 2 days after  missed Af. so day after tomorrow. I tested yesterday with an EPT and got a HUGE BFN. But, Still holding strong. I work up sick today,

STILL no af, or PMS. a little cramping, but it was other tummy issues (usual for me on a cold  morning....TMI srry)

cx  still high, and like mostly soft... (usually if I'm not mistaken my cx drops in the 2 days or more before af....)
Yea, it's killing me to wait. DH too!  I joked with him because he felt sick this AM too, and with TJ he had sympthy sickness for the first few days I did. (no fever, no bug... just  nausea)

he also got a couple cravings early on when I was preggo last time,. I told DH maybe I am preggo and he's got sympathy sickness...
OK, I have ideas about a few, but to be sure what are the following;
DTD
"O"
EWCM
BD
OPK
BFN

Gee, I don't seem to know anything. My acronym dictionary is all military stuff. This is all Greek to me...
Thanks for the help :)
I know what you mean, im wondering the same things.
bfp and cm also.
Ok Guys here ya go! Oh and there is a link to the Right under Most Viewed Health Pages that says Abbreviations! You can find them under there too... Hope this helps

DTD = Do the do (sex) ( I think, not to sure about that one.... )
"O" = Ovulation
EWCM = Eggwhite Cervical Mucus
BD = Baby Dance (sex)
OPK = Ovulation Predictor Kit
BFN = Big Fat Negative (Pregnancy Test)
BFP = Big Fat Positive  (Pregnancy Test)
CM = Cervical Mucus
This should help too!!

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Pregnancy/Common-Pregnancy-Related-Acronyms--Abbreviations/show/1?cid=98
Thanks. I'm trying to take it all in, that's a lot of crazyness :)