Shortened cervix?
Got a call this morning from my dr setting she got my results from my anatomy ultrasound and that it appears to be shortened. She suggested I get another ultrasounds asap so they can get another look at my cervix and just to take it easy and rest as much as possible, when I asked about work I was told it is still ok for me to work. I'm a bit worried I have know idea what this means if I'm at risk our my daughter. I have my ultrasound scheduled already and only a day away now. And it takes aweek for the dr to get the results by which I'll be in her office for my monthly appt I'm currently 19 week with my first child I'm so nervous as it is being a single parent and then this. Any advice is appreciated please nothing discouraging.
every thing is going to be ok, from what I have read, a shortened cervix could cause preterm labor, but because they caught it they would be able to put you on bed rest and keep an eye on things, it will b ok
I think you will be fine...as long as it has been diagnosed if it were to start dilating they can stop it by sewing the cervix shut till d-day..i watch tlc all the time and that seems to be the case. Dont worry!