Six weeks prgnant with terrible nausea and upset tummy.Help!
im six weeks pregnant with extreme nausea my doctor prescribed promethazine i dont know what i can or cant eat until i eat it and get terrible upset stomach. I cant sleep because my tummy wont allow it. what can i do about the upset stomach?
sorry,no advice but get well soon hey.i hear this phase will soon pass.
My heart goes out to you, my mom's a nurse. Putting aside you're pregnancy I know my mom says eating bread could like absorb things in you're stomach? I'm not sure. Instead of not eating I would ask you're doctor again. Tell him that the medicine isn't working or ask him what you can eat. And please, try to sleep. That could really help a lot =)
Early pregnancy can be a very difficult time but dont worry in most cases it passes after the 12 week stage, as for eating try eating small portions on a regular basis rather than attempt a big meal, try eating dry foods at first maybe some toast / crackers not very exciting i know but it may help with feeling sick, also try ginger biscuits they really helped me in the early stages hopefully it will pass soon !

Good luck, hope you feel better soon !
It's hard when you're unsure of what you can eat or can't eat. I've spent months working on it personally. Things I've found work well (if you like them) was breads, certain soups, pasta (I eat macaroni and tomatoes a lot when I need to eat) fruits, salads and a few others. Try to avoid any fried or greasy things as it can upset your belly more. Watch your salt intake as well. Too much or too little can also cause nausea. (I noticed this as well) don't eat a large meal at once. Eat slowly and take a bunch of small frequent meals throughout the day. Try not to starve yourself or skip meals because when you do eat you could over eat causing more pain. Beyond that, it's just trial and error to see what your stomach can handle. Also, when you do try, sample something small to see how you will handle it. If it doesn't give you an upset belly, eat a little more. If you start to notice pain, forgo the food and try something else. Don't worry. It will eventually pass, it's just hard to say when. I hope you start to feel better soon!!!