Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Spotting after sex

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Spotting after sex

So my husband and I had sex on Wednesday. I spotted red twice on thursday night. Now it's kinda brown and doesn't always appear. Could this still be normal? A nurse told me it was but didn't say after how long it would go away. Any help would be appreicated! Thanks!!

Spotting after sex is normal even the next day or night after sex as long as it is not real heavy and you dont have cramps that are very painful. The brown is normal as well and will go away.
I had bleeding after sex with my husband and I was told it was normal and it turned out to be ok. This was at 15 weeks I am 18 weeks now and I dont have the problem anymore. It will eventually go away the further you get along I hope this helps!
Thanks! I just don't know how long the brownish spotting would last for. The new OB won't even see me until my appt on Sept 10th.
Your cervix is more sensitive while you're pregnant. I was told by my OB when I was pregnant with my son that you can have spotting any time during pregnancy after sex.
How long does it last for? In a first timer and nervous!
I don't know if you mean how long through your pregnancy, but I was told it can happen anytime.
I ment how long can spot brownish. Sorry I wasn't specific.
The brown is a sign of old blood so it should go away in a day or two
Thanks for everyones help :)
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy