Spotting at 14 weeks, Baby's heartrate 144/minute
A couple hours after having rougher sex, I spotted about the size of a quarter, the blood was red and looked new.  This morning I was spotting but was dark dark red, like burgandy/brown and looked old...I went to the ER, nurses could not spot heartbeat on the first try...2nd try baby's heart rate was 144/minute and said it sounded normal and just about right.  They told me bed rest till vaginal bleeding ceases....What are my chances of miscarrying??
Anybody have an idea of my chances of a miscarriage now?
well how far along are you? And, I would bet that the bleeding is coming from your cervix, it doesn't sound like you hurt the baby, just yourself so to speak. Just do what the doctor says and hope for the best. I wish you luck.
sounds like u will be like me and bleed when u have sex cause your cervix is swollen n tears easily
I am 14 weeks and 2 days. I think you're like 2 weeks ahead of me.
Well my body does the same thing. If I even try to have se, I start to bleed. The doctor told me the same thing, that I didn't necessarily hurt the baby. So since we never have any luck with not bleeding, and the bleeding scares me cause I don't know when something is really wrong, we have ceased the sex until the birth.  It REALLY sucks!!! But my body just won't allow it!!!
Bummer, britanyG,  yeah I believe bleeding during sex is actually kind of common during pregnancy since there is so much more blood flow throughout the body, and especially there, to support the pregnancy that small blood vessels in the vagina, and the sensative cervix, can be ruptured so easily. Yes it's probably quite a scare, but don't worry about it too much, especially if you heard your little one and was told he/she was okay. And the fact that the next morning it was dark almost brown, like old blood, meant that there was only a small amount of bleeding through the night/morning. and it most likely had ceased by the time you checked again. and yes miko_latte i'm two weeks ahead of you. [: we're pretty close, when are you due?
how far along are you?  mine eventually stopped bleeding and the sex actually got really good for a while.  You may want to consider getting at least alittle in before the birth.  
have you had any further spotting since this morning? and was it brown, or anything at all?
Yea, I can imagine...once I saw the blood all kinds of things ran into my head and I literally had to stop myself because I know that would make me stress and cry more and I didn't want to make the spotting into bleeding...I've been saying I want a boy, but after this I'm like I don't care what I'm having, as long as that baby is alive, healthy, and breathing, you know?? Usually I don't bleed after sex, but this time we just kind of really went rough rough and I think that's what did it...
Luckily, since my visit to the ER my spotting is now going away, but this morning it was really dark almost burgundy/brownish color.
We don't even try yanything real rough but my OBGYN said that I could just be really sensitive.  It doesn't really bother me. I'm in my second trimester right now so we will probably try again soon.
Spotting (even if its red) after sex is normal its because your cervix is more sensitive during pregnany. Its also common to bleed after a vaginal examine. I'm not sure if you are going to get one of those anytime soon (since I don't think they do that in the 2nd trimester) but it freaked me out so I thought I would give you a heads up.
i think your fine. since you are in the second trimester now. the heartbeat and all sounded good. in the 40's hmmm i think it just might be a boy for ya. they say 140's under boy, 150's up girl. is your doc concerned about the bleeding? just take it easy for a while. i find out what i'm having on jan 18th. yeah i got a while. i can't wait to hear what your having, good luck to you and i honestly think your fine.
I am hoping for a boy!! The spotting since then has stopped so I take that as a good sign.  My doc didn't seem concerned about the bleeding.  I find out what I'm having on Jan. 4th!! So excited!!  I will keep you updated and thank you!! Happy Holidays by the way.