Spotting for two weeks
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had similiar experiences or advice.  I have been spotting for two weeks now.  I should have had my period a week and a half ago.  My spotting has been brownish and once in awhile pink with a little stringy red running through it.  I will have it one day and not the next.  I have also been extremely tired, but it could be because of the end of my college semester and Christmas coming.  I have heard that some women actually have their periods the first few months of pregnancy, so as you can see, I am a little worried.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.  I really don't want to take a pregnancy test unless it really sounds like I am because my fiance and I have had too many pregnancy scares the last few months.
Hi there...
There could be several reasons for spotting.  The doctor would ask you if it's a discharge or if it's flowing (soaking pads, etc.).  And they will ask you if there is an odor to it becaus that could be a sign of infection.  When I was pregnant, I was told that the brownish color is old blood working its' way out of the system.  I never had spotting or brown blood when I wasn't pregnant.  But what you're seeing may signify some type of infection which will need to be treated if that's the case.

I recommend that you make a doctor's appointment - they can do an exam and they will also give you a pregnancy test.  That way you learn what is going on and set your mind at ease.  Especially if you are pregnant because you will need to start your prenatal care right away.

Good luck!  :-)
well... I think a test would be your best bet. you cant find some really cheap ones at the drug store.
Thank you.  I guess I just need to suck it up and get a test.  I can't get into the doctor until after new years' but I will definately make an appointment.  The spotting is not very heavy - mostly just see it when I go to the bathroom and there really is no odor.  Does being constipated effect any thing like this?  Sorry, I feel silly for even asking.
constipation is a sign of pregnancy...i would take a test ASAP.
Not silly for asking.  Interesting you should ask that.  When I was pregnant, I was constipated as well.  And after my miscarriage, I had the brownish blood and constipation at the same time.  So it's really important you see a doctor as soon as you are able to just to make sure there is not an infection.  

And like kirby26 said, you might as well get a test at the drug store in the interim to see if you are pregnant until you are able to see the doctor.

I'm a little mroe on the conservative/cautious side on the advice scale. :-)
I appreciate all your advice.  I will get a test today and go through this all once more....ahhhh...Just a question, though, have any of you heard about women having periods their first few months?  I have had three people tell me this now, not really even concerning me, but just a bit scary.
Im now 8 days late on my period. I took two pregnacny test both negitive, I was having brown discharge for like 4 days and one day i wipped n there was pinkish redish on the toilet paper. And now im jsut having a lot of white discharge is that what ur having as well or different.
yes, that is pretty much the same as mine, but it has been going for two weeks