Still growing after missed miscarriage?
i have been really paranoid about having a missed miscarriage (1st baby). can anyone tell me if their uterus kept growing after the baby's heart stopped beating? i am continuing to show (10w 5d today) and i heard the heartbeat at 8w 6d. does your tummy stop extending if the baby stops growing? any opinions would be appreciated!!
This is also my first pregnancy, and I was thinking the SAME thing when I found out, but really that 12W milestone is a HUGE relief, I still worry constantly but not nearly as much. I can't imagine your stomach would continue to grow unless the baby continues to grow, and in order for that, the baby's heart is still beating. Hearing the heartbeat lowers the chances of miscarriage SIGNIFICANTLY so honestly, I doubt you'll have a missed miscarriage, by this stage in your pregnancy you're probably losing symptoms (maybe) so it makes it harder to relax, but my symptoms dropped off in a day, so I freaked out. I think you're completely fine, to reassure yourself you could just drop in your OB's office and ask them to let you listen to the HB with the doppler, they're pretty good about letting you hear it for peace of mind, also I bought a doppler for my house, and it was the BEST thing I ever bought, my first and worrying all the time, it's what reassures me every morning! :] Congrats on your pregnancy and I'm sure you have nothing to worry about - keep me updated!