Stomach Changes
At what point can you start to notice changes in the way your stomach feels? What does the doctor feel for when he presses on your stomach during a visit?
The doctor is feeling for your uterus.  They can usually tell a bit about if you are where you should be by the size and shape of your uterus.  Every woman's body is different.  You will notice a change in the shape and size of your stomach usually by the end of the first trimester, but like I say it really varies for each womans body shape, if they are prone to bloating, how they are carrying, and which pregnancy it is.  If it is your 2nd or later pregnancy, you will typically show sooner.  I had a small bump by 13 weeks in my first and at about 8 weeks in my second, but I am very thin and any change in my stomach is quite noticable.  You will see some change soon!  Good luck!
I don't get it( don't understand) What do you mean?
When you are pregnant your uterus can be felt by the doctor gently pushing down on your stomach they use that to determine whether or not you are growing appropriately and about where you are depending on where your uterus is measuring. Your stomach gets harder during pregnancy except I didn't notice that feeling until about 25 weeks.
Thanks to all who replied. I was only wondering because I have taken 3 tests (one at 11 days late, then 14 days, then 18). I am now 27 days late. I hate the idea of taking another test and seeing negative again and was wondering if there was some other you could tell. I had some symptoms for about a week around the 10 day mark but once I took the 2nd test and saw negative they "magically" disappeared. Symptoms included heartburn, nausea, sensitivity to smell, insomnia at night and being sleepy all day, as well as having to pee all the time. Now I only have sore boobs..and only for the past few days.