Stopping Progesterone Suppositories
I have been taking progesterone suppositories since Week 4 of my pregnancy.  My doctor did blood tests this time around because I miscarried last year at 7 weeks.  I have had 2 ultrasounds (9 week and 13 weeks) and we have heard a strong heartbeat (170) both times.  My doctor stated that I could wean myself off the suppositories after week 12 but I am nervous to do so.  When did you stop taking this suppositories and could it be harmful to keep taking them for a few more weeks?  Thanks!
I stopped taking my progesterone at the end of week 12. You can start weaning yourself by taking it every other night for another week if it makes you feel better? I could tell my placenta had taken over by the 12 week mark so I wasn't concerned. I just felt a little more energy and less woozy. If that makes sense?
i would start to slowly wean yourself off, even if it takes a few weeks. i wouldnt go to long though and then all the sudden stop because that could confuse your body and you def dont want to cause preterm labor. I was afraid to go off too (was taking orally). I started to wean myself at 13 weeks and took like 4 weeks to do it and all went well. While I was weaning myself off I had my doctor test my progesterone after skipping a day to make sure that my levels were normal on their own. You should be fine but I understand your worry.
Did your dr give you a tapering regime?  The way spike suggested is a good way to wean off the supplements but you should always follow your drs direction.  If you weren't given a regime, call and ask for one.