Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Stress and emotions

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Stress and emotions

So I am no longer with the baby's dad and that was by my choice but little things make me wish he was around. I don't miss all the fighting and him making me feel like crap for wanting to go see my friends at the dance club. I'm smart enough to not drink. He has honestly made me fear going out because he has brought up court and I don't wanna lose my baby for going out and living my life. I can't sit at home in fear that he will try something. I have become so paranoid to do anything anymore. This Friday will be the first time going out since we split up 7-8 weeks ago. Any suggestions on how I can get over this fear and out of his control for good?
Single parenting while you're still pregnant can definitely be intimidating emotionally. I was a single mom from day one with my first pregnancy and it weighed heavily on me but its alright, its not the worst thing that can happen. With my current pregnancy my fiance and I hit a few rough patches, including the time we didn't speak for four months! Now, things are better than I could have ever expected. Time and a baby, changes things! Lol, as for going out, I know some clubs don't allow pregnant women because its a liability, even if you're not drinking, many people there are and they don't often make the most responsible or wisest decisions. Until you start to show, its your call but ask yourself is a dance club really a safe place for you and your baby to be?!? I know its tough having to make social sacrifices almost immediately but you should do what's in the best interest of your child and that's exactly how its worded in custody cases in court. It's not a crime to go out, don't let him hang that over your head but I'd try and stick to shopping trips, lunches, movies, girls night in, etc.
I agree w| above . There's nothing wrong with going out, but a club is the last place I want to be pregnant. Between the smells & the annoying drunk people , it's really not a place for a pregnant women . You're pregnant , not dying , so still go out and have girl time , but other places than a club . Honestly, your baby daddy has a point , if some one were to knock you over , or push you , and something happened to that baby , it'd be horrible , but at the movies you have way less of a chance of anything happening . I'm not trying to be rude , to each there own , but my point is that you're pregnant , clubs are for getting crunk & having a good time, not pregnant ladies . once you're little one gets here you can have your fridays back , but you need to think like a mom now , is that really best for your baby ?
specialmom commented on photo
specialmom commented on photo
Des_a_rae, and specialmom commented on Des_a_rae's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy