Stripping membranes, irregular contractions, diarrhea
SO, I am wondering.. I am 38 weeks 2 days today(wednesday). Since Monday at 4pm I have been experiencing horrible contractions, that are irregular, but come as close as 3 min apart.  Yesterday at my doc apt I was 2cm dialated and 50% effaced, baby is a good 8lbs, I know with my daughter I was 2cm for 6 weeks, so really all that doesnt even phase me because it can all change before you know it!  Anyways I had my membranes stripped with my daughter and was in the hospital in labor 36 hours later.  YEsterday, the doc swiped my membranes because of all the contractions , lack of sleep and pains I Have been in..As soon as i stood up there was a glob of the mucus plug there with red brown blood throuout which is normal. i had horrible contractions, and back pain all nite. at 6am todayi lost another huge glob of my mucus plug, and have been having cramping, back pain and finding more globs of mucus plug with every wipe. I just had dirrhea, accomponied with tons more mucus... I hope the membranes being stripped triggers labor. I hear sometimes it doesnt. It was successful last time, and I wasnt due or anything, he just had done it without even telling me.  He said I should get plenty of rest so my body can settle down and that may trigger something. He even told me to take an ambien, but im not too thrilled about that idea, so i dont want to put that in my bodyh with my baby in me still.  whats everyones take on this, do u think ill go soon or whatttt??! its been a very painful, tiring last 3 days!! :(
It sounds to me like you are in early labor.  All of those signs indicate dialation and I wouldn't be surprised if you go into labor today or tomorrow.  I never had my membranes stripped, but all of your symptoms I had the day I went to the hospital (at 5cm no less).

Good luck!
ohh i sure hope so!!!!
I agree with Grandmatobe! Def. sounds like eary labor! Dont go to far from home/hospital! LOL Good Luck to you! And have a great L&D!
I won't its weird i just feel like staying at home the past few days!!! I am sooo crampy right now and I keep geting contractions. I know with my daughter I had to get pitocin to make the contractions regular, who knows if that is whats going on or not.  his heart beat is always 140's 150's and yesterday it was 124 i was like oh no! and the doc said thats ok as logn as its above 110. he didnt seem worried at all. but i am cause wonder if all this pain im going thru is puttin him in stress too, u know :(
If you get concerned about any lack of moment or his heart-rate, go into labor and delivery and have them put you on a monitor.  The worst thing that could happen is they send you back home - - small price to pay to ease your mind.

And maybe - just maybe, you ARE in labor and they keep you :)

Keep us posted.
Also if you want to organize contractions sometimes raspberry leaf tea (not just flavored but with actual raspberry leafs, usually found in organic/wholefoods section) helps.  They wouldn't let me drink it when I was induced because they said they wouldn't know what was causing the contractions so it must have some merit.  Also a warm heating pad on your lower part of your stomach can help.  Warm baths. It most definitely sounds like you are in early labor so you either need to get it movin' or get it stalled for a bit so you can rest!  Don't want to be too tired to push that baby out! :-)  Good luck!  Keep us posted!