Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Subchiorionic Hematoma

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Subchiorionic Hematoma

Hi! I am currently 14 weeks+3 pregnant with my second child. I had no problems with my first pregnancy, but I did have to take Heparin for a blood clotting disorder. I also had a miscarriage in December 08. At 12 weeks+2 I had a gush of blood that led me to go to the ER to be evaluated. They saw the baby and told me that all should be fine and to follow up with my OB (who happens to be a peri). At my u/s follow up, they diagnosed me with a 4x1x2 subchiorionic hematoma located right next to my cervix. I had on and off brown spotting and was taking it easy per doctors orders. I had to run to the store just yesterday and after being on my feet for about an hour I had another gush of blood and another trip to the ER. Again, they found baby, but the ER doctor seemed to think that the SCH looked about the same size (4 cm). My question is, does all of this bleeding mean that the SCH is currently shrinking? If it isn't shrinking, then where is this blood coming from? What are the typical outcomes of SCH at 14 weeks and located by the cervix? Thank you!
i can't answer all your questions specifically but it may help if i share my experience. i had a gush of blood at 9 weeks and 5 days, it turned out to be bleeding inside the amniotic sac and underneath it by my cervix. my bleed at 13 weeks measured 5cm by 5.something cm by about 3cm. it was almost as big as the fetus which is when it becomes dangerous. i had 2 or 3 other gushes of blood and bled most days until i was 16 weeks pregnant. up until this time, my bleed was NOT healing. at 16 weeks, i stopped bleeding altogether and a scan at 18 weeks revealed that my bleed was healing. i am now 32 weeks pregnant. the odds of having a successful pregnancy after bleeding like this are said to be 50/50. HOWEVER, when i saw my consultant at 13 weeks, she said it was more likely i would carry to term than miscarry, simply because i'd made it past the first 12 weeks, i think. once my bleed had entirely healed, i was told by my consultant that that is what usually happens in these cases. they don't tell you that till afterwards though just in case you're one of the unlucky ones whose bleed gets too big and forces a miscarriage. message me anytime, i have been where you are now and i know how hard it is. the best advice i was given was try to forget the bleed is there because there's nothing you can do about it. of course, i couldn't completely forget...how can you when you're pregnant and bleeding. but it did remind me to think about it less. best of luck.
another member, alaysha, had a subchorionic hematoma too. she also had a successful pregnancy
Hi, I have 2 children and have had 2 miscarriages, likely caused by a subchorionic hematoma.  I also have a clotting disorder called MTHFR.  I am currently on low dose aspirin to treat that.  I am 6 weeks pregnant currently and have another subchorionic hematoma measuring the same size as the gestational sac.  No bleeding yet but my anxiety is very high.  I am on pelvic rest and supposed to be leaving for vacation next week.  Has anyone heard of baby aspirin and blood thinners (Lovenox) as treatment for SCH?
I was on Lovenox for the 5 weeks of my pregnancy (25-30 weeks) and then they switched me to heparin for the last 10 weeks. My baby boy is now 2 years old and very healthy.
Stashie23009 I FREAKIN HURT OMG!!!!!!!!!... Comment
3 mins ago
Shannon79, and specialmom commented on jugglin's status
49 mins ago
Shannon79, hansen20, and KTowne commented on renae176's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy