Sudden pelvic pain... menstrual like cramping... baby dropping?? =]
Okie doke so today i have started getting really bad pain all down in my groin its soooo sore even to walk.. i have also been getting period type cramps on and off all day.. does this happen when the baby 'drops' i'm not quite sure how to tell if he has dropped but i dont think he had a growth spurt and i couldnt think of why else it would happen.. has me maybe dropped a little bit because im pretty sure i would prob be able to tell if he fully dropped... thank you in advance ladies! any info will be appreciated =]
I know exactly what you are feeling. I'm 8 1/2 wks and I've been having this uncomfortable feeling on my lower left side for the past two days now  And I don't really know what's going on in there.. .
I think this is maybe a little diff i'm nearing 36 weeks.. but i remember the pains at the start they are like shooting pains i always got them when i sneezed.. i used to always think something was wrong lol!
It's like fake contractions. It's called braxtin hicks.. its ur body getting ready for the real contractions
I've been having mild period like cramps and aches too. I don't have the pelvic pain, yet, but it can be quite uncomfortable and awkward to walk. It's probably baby getting into position and your Braxton hicks contractions. Just monitor them and if you notice any sort of tightness across your belly in any sort of pattern, may be something to pay attention to! Good luck! Baby is just around the corner :]
the best way to tell if you are dropping in preparation for labor (1st babies often drop as far as 8 weeks in advance of labor...but usually the more babies a woman has, the closer to labor she will drop - some babies dropping IN labor and not before!) is place your hand just beneath your breasts against your stomach. if the top of your belly doesn't allow your whole hand to fit in that space, you probably haven't dropped yet. if you can fit your whole hand between your breasts and the top of your belly (fundus) you probably have dropped at least a little :-). I'm on baby #3 and my previous two dropped at about 37/38wks and you can TELL because suddenly you can breathe more easily..the pressure on your back shifts even lower and you tend to have a harder time sitting with your legs together, or crossing them (if you still can, lol) and find that your belly rests on the tops of your thighs when you sit (or very close)...but now with baby #3 I'm 31wks and I'm pretty sure my little Stinker has dropped already..keeping my fingers crossed that he stays in for a LOT longer!
here Stacey -
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Pregnancy-April-2012-Babies/31wks---baby-definitely-seems-to-have-dropped-after-PTL-scare/show/1677002#post_7654274
the pic on the left is of me at 28wks with this pregnancy...you can see how I can only fit about 2/3 fingers between my breasts and fundus. But the right belly pic is 31wks (taken today) and my whole hand fits comfortable beneath my breasts and above my fundus....see the difference? this is a pretty dramatic difference and not everyone will drop *so* noticeably, but that kinda gives you an idea of how you can tell if you've dropped yet or not :-).
Oh i know it's all getting much more real now lol! when are you due ?.. god the pelvic pain only started today it is brutal im in bed now and moving the tiniest bit kills!.. thanks btw!=]
OMG Ashelen thank you so much lol!! thats great!! just did the hand test and can safely say i think i have dropped!!! lol would def explain the agonizing pain i have all down round my lady area!!.. thanks =] xx
oh goodness already lol!! hope he/she isn't planning an early departure lol!!!!
I'm due March 24th, so I'm only 33 weeks. But I'm so anxious!
ooo me too i think once you hit the 30's it starts to fly lol!! i no longer feel prepared ha!!
i know right?? i've carried two full-termers so I'm hoping this one doesn't decide to be the monkey wrench, lol. I'm glad that test helped you out :-) I was told by a midwife during my first pregnancy how to figure out if you had "dropped" and i LOVE how easy it is LOL.

and you and cnhauk are totally right once you get into the 30's it just zooms....and then it's over and you're going "wait, but I was JUST 29wks pregnant!" lol
LOL!! yes fingers crossed!... aww it did it's pretty cool and best of all EASY! lol.. i feel relieved now though lol! ... haha ino i cant believe i'm nearing 36 weeks that is freaky business! it really did feel like yesterday i was 29 weeks lol... and the first trimester was such a drag!
Im 32 weeks and I am pretty sure I have dropped some. I feel like my pelvic bone is dislocated it hurts so bad when I stand up or try and switch positions at night lol...
I tried the hand test and I can def only fit 2-3 fingers now so I haven't dropped yet. I cant imagine how hard walking will be once I do drop if it's already this awkward! Time has really flown for this pregnancy but I have a feeling it's about to start dragging.. I want bean here already!
Aww I want bean here too!! Lol.. Whatstheodds that is what I am getting!! When ur lying inbed u try and move and its excrutiating! Blugh! Hope I get used to it lol.. I no I didnt think walking/moving wud get any worse.. I think il just not leave the house now .. This waddle is not one to be seen by the public!!
Im 33wks 5days and have been having contractions since yesterday baby is a pretty big already measuring in at 36 week. She has dropped and a little T.M.I last night tried having intercourse but it was alot of.pain to my left side and he could feel hisself hitting something.... anyone else have this problem or have an idea as to what it could be?