Sudden swelling at 34 weeks?
Yesterday my feet and ankles started to swell. Today I can't wear shoes or my rings and since last might no matter how much I drink I can't seem to pee more than a few drops. Should I be worried? I've never had swelling issues before.
I would be a bit concerned..  I know a decrease in urination (the amount that is) is a pretty serious thing and generally should be reported to a medical profession right away especially if you are increasing your fluid intake and its not helping...

I know some swelling is okay but its never clear to me when the swelling is normal vs when it crosses the line... But because it came on so suddenly i would be worried..

Have you been having alot of sodium lately?  You can try decreasing your sodium intake (which is hard to do since everything has sodium in it) and drinking lots but if thats not helping, I would call an OB or something asap
bump...

ok so the swelling has moved into my calves, knees, wrists and elbows. My dh thinks I'm nuts for being worried about it, but it freaks me out.

Does anyone have experience with something like this.

Petiete to answer your question no salt intake has been down and since the swelling started yesterday morning I was on my feet yesterday. Today I've been off my feet almost all day trying to get the swelling to go down. I must have had 20 glasses of water today and did end up being able to go to the bathroom a few times this evening.

If it wasn't for this darn holiday weekend I would call the ob tomorrow morning. Ugh I don't know what to do. It seems like the baby is also not being as active as he usualy is. I can't get him moving with food or sugar. Eating a glass of ice chips will get him to move off and on for about 15 minutes then it seems like he goes back to sleep.
I have experienced bad swelling in a couple of my pregnancies but I was ALWAYS checked out for it.  It turned out to be nothing in my case.

If staying off your feet, lowering salt (and caffiene) intake, and staying hydrated are NOT helping the swelling, it is probably best to be checked out.  

Does your OB have an after hours call number?  If so, try calling and asking them what they think.  Otherwise, *I* would say that if it hasn't gone down atleast some by this afternoon you might consider going to L & D just to be safe.  If the swelling does continue to go down by doing the things you are doing, then it would probably be ok to wait until tomorrow. But even still I wouldn't wait longer than that.  

If at ANY point you get that gut feeling that something is wrong because baby isn't moving enough or even just a feeling that you can't put your finger on...TRUST you instincts and go straight to L & D.  
have you taken your BP?

I had very severe swelling for several weeks before it developed into preeclampsia and HELLP. At first, I had the swelling with normal BP. Keep your feet up, drink plenty, and lay on your left side. Call the dr in the morning. Watch for symptoms like dizziness, headache, abdominal pain, etc. If you have a BP machine, check it. You can also check it for free in many pharmacies.
I'm going to run over to the grocery store and check my bp there at the pharmacy. I was up all night my legs and arms were so sore then I kept getting horrible contractions and to top it all off acid reflux. The good news is that the baby is moving around more today. If my bp is high I'll call my ob who is the oncall dr for this weekend. If not I'll wait it out until tomorrow.