Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Supposed to be 10 weeks pregnant, but fetal pole is only measuring 6-7 ...

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Supposed to be 10 weeks pregnant, but fetal pole is only measuring 6-7 weeks and no fetal heartbeat. Doctor says miscarriage is inevitable, but everyone thinks I should get a second opinion. ???

I am supposed to be around 10 weeks pregnant but at my first ultrasound today, the doctor said the fetal pole she saw was only measuring between 6 and 7 weeks and she couldn't find a heartbeat. She informed me that a miscarriage was inevitable and offered to give me a D and C, but I elected to wait and see what happens. She said she is certain this miscarriage will occur because there is such a discrepency between how far along I am and how large the fetal pole was and my periods were always fairly regular, so this should not be the case. I am simply hoping that this is not true because, up until today, I have not had any problems or complications. I have had some cramping, but it was not severe or constant and my doctor had attributed those to my uterus, etc. expanding and I have had no bleeding or spotting of any kind. I am so worried and confused. Thoughts? Comments? Anything?
I went through the same thing. At 12 weeks us confirmed twins and fetal demise. To make sure, I had my blood draw every 48 hours to confirm that my hormones were going down. At 13 weeks, I had a d&c to remove the missed miscarriage. I hope this isn't the case for you, but I hope my story helps.
Also, if I did loose the fetus at 6+ weeks, how long will it be before I miscarry naturally and how long before a home pregnancy test shows negative?
It is hard to say. I had the same scenario at twelve weeks last year. I think the hardest part is accepting it. Just remember there is nothing you or your Dr could have done. I elected to have the d&c, because thought of waiting for something you knew was going to happen but didn't know how long was too hard. It is a very emotional & personal decision. Happily, we conceived again a year later, and are halfway through a healthy pregnancy. Very best wishes to you....
It took me 2 weeks to start 2 out of 4 of my miscarriages after they were diagnosed. And a HPT will not show negative until you miscarry and your hCG level goes back down. For some that can days, others weeks and sometimes a couple months. I wish you all the best
I had an ultrasound at 6w2d and saw a heartbeat and a baby. Went back at 9 1/2 weeks and baby was only measuring 6w4d with no heartbeat. For 3 weeks the baby had sitting there and my body for whatever reason wasn't getting rid of the fetus in its own. Ended up having to get a d&c.
I had a mc at four months two years ago n it caught me so off guard. Everything was ok for a while then the last ultrasound baby had no heartbeat so I had to do bloodwork for two weeks. I waited it out and lost it a week n half later. So it took me like almost two weeks to lose. N the test came out negative right after. Sorry to hear girl
TinaR10, and KTowne commented on TinaR10's status
12 mins ago
KTowne commented on Update
13 mins ago
retta483, and KTowne commented on KTowne's status
14 mins ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy