Supposed to be 10 weeks pregnant, but fetal pole is only measuring 6-7 weeks and no fetal heartbeat. Doctor says miscarriage is inevitable, but everyone thinks I should get a second opinion. ???
I am supposed to be around 10 weeks pregnant but at my first ultrasound today, the doctor said the fetal pole she saw was only measuring between 6 and 7 weeks and she couldn't find a heartbeat. She informed me that a miscarriage was inevitable and offered to give me a D and C, but I elected to wait and see what happens. She said she is certain this miscarriage will occur because there is such a discrepency between how far along I am and how large the fetal pole was and my periods were always fairly regular, so this should not be the case. I am simply hoping that this is not true because, up until today, I have not had any problems or complications. I have had some cramping, but it was not severe or constant and my doctor had attributed those to my uterus, etc. expanding and I have had no bleeding or spotting of any kind. I am so worried and confused. Thoughts? Comments? Anything?
I went through the same thing. At 12 weeks us confirmed twins and fetal demise. To make sure, I had my blood draw every 48 hours to confirm that my hormones were going down. At 13 weeks, I had a d&c to remove the missed miscarriage. I hope this isn't the case for you, but I hope my story helps.
Also, if I did loose the fetus at 6+ weeks, how long will it be before I miscarry naturally and how long before a home pregnancy test shows negative?
It is hard to say. I had the same scenario at twelve weeks last year. I think the hardest part is accepting it. Just remember there is nothing you or your Dr could have done. I elected to have the d&c, because thought of waiting for something you knew was going to happen but didn't know how long was too hard. It is a very emotional & personal decision. Happily, we conceived again a year later, and are halfway through a healthy pregnancy. Very best wishes to you....
It took me 2 weeks to start 2 out of 4 of my miscarriages after they were diagnosed. And a HPT will not show negative until you miscarry and your hCG level goes back down. For some that can days, others weeks and sometimes a couple months. I wish you all the best
I had an ultrasound at 6w2d and saw a heartbeat and a baby. Went back at 9 1/2 weeks and baby was only measuring 6w4d with no heartbeat. For 3 weeks the baby had sitting there and my body for whatever reason wasn't getting rid of the fetus in its own. Ended up having to get a d&c.
I had a mc at four months two years ago n it caught me so off guard. Everything was ok for a while then the last ultrasound baby had no heartbeat so I had to do bloodwork for two weeks. I waited it out and lost it a week n half later. So it took me like almost two weeks to lose. N the test came out negative right after. Sorry to hear girl