Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Swelling and Tingling in Legs in Pregnancy

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I am 18 weeks pregnant, my ankles are swelling daily but I now also have a tingling, uncomfortable feeling around my knee. Like poor circulation. I have a history of DVT in my family but my doctor and midwife did not seem concerned. Should I be worried about this as it is very uncomfortable day and night.
Unfortunately the most you can do is drink lots of water and prop up as often as you can.  Sorry you are having this, I had it with my first pregnancy really bad.  Good luck.
i think it will be better if you see the doctor, and drink lots of water and healthy food keep your self hydrated .
Avatar n tn
Thanks for replying :o) I am trying to be good and eat as much healthy food and drink as I can. I will pop back and see the doctor I think as my right leg doesn't feel good. Thank you both for your advice.
Have you tried wearing compression stockings? they reduce swelling and help prevent dvt. Teds stockings are the most common and you can buy them at most pharmacies but they also sell compression stockings at my local uniform shop. They usually go up to the knees and are slightly uncomfortable but they may have a benefit for you and make u less uncomfortable.
Avatar n tn
Thanks Someemily, I am going to go to doctors to get checked and make sure nothing is wrong and then will look at buying some to start wearing. Temperature here at mo is 33deg so bit warm for the stockings but if it will help I will certainly look in to it.
My ob actually mentioned compression stockings at my last appointment in case I started swelling again, forgot to mention them sorry!  Dang pregnancy brain, lol..
Avatar n tn
lol... thats okay, trying 43... know the feeling, have that brain at some point most days!! :o) Am having scan on my leg tomorrow then will look at getting some.
hansen20 I didn't gain any weight un... Comment
hansen20 commented on renae176's status
desderius, KeeLolo, Shannon79, and hansen20 commented on KeeLolo's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy