Swelling of outer labia
I am 16 weeks +5 days pregnant. I previously had a miscarriage prior to this pregnancy and expirienced the same thing but never asked my doctor because I never seen him during my last pregnancy and its only been happening in the past 3-4 weeks. I will be seeing my doctor next tuesay but would like to know what it is now.  After sexual intercourse usually, if I dont take a shower right away.. my outer labia becomes swollen. It isnt uncomfortable but Im wondering what it is and if it's having a negative affect on my pregnancy and my baby. It generally goes away after taking a shower so thats why I havent been TOO concerned about. Thank you
Oh my gosh, my friends and I would laugh because all of us had swollen vaginas in pregnancy!!!!  LOL...we called it the "meaty vagina syndrome"!!!  Our didnt go away until after birth!
You could have bacterial vaginosis.... It can make you labia swell after sex. You should call your doctor because BV can be harmful to your pregnancy.... Call your doctor now and a nurse would be able to help you further... Not all women will have any other symptoms. Or if you are using a lubricant or condom could be that... But call your doc just to be sure.... Good luck!
Ok. Thank you for your responses
actually, it's not even that.. Baybegurl, did you know how much more blood you have in your body when your pregnant.

Your blood volume nearly doubles...That swelling is from your genitals becoming engorged w/blood when your (in happy mode!).. like a guys. *****, but different. It happens when your not pregnant, but it's not that noticeable. But when you are, you have that much more blood that can go rushing down to that area.

It's %100 NORMAL, don't worry about it. I think it's funny, and my hubby hasn't complained about it. (yea... I've got it too, I'm almost 3mo pregnant!) haha.

Cindie.

P.S. Write me if you have any questions . I'll try my best to help!
Ok. Thank you. That makes sense. Im not totally worried about it, I just thought it was odd. I dont think its an infection because I had it with my last pregnancy as well and it went away after I had miscarriage and I was never treated for any kind of infection. Unless infections fix themselves lol.