TMI.... All of a sudden I have soft stools and back pains... 37 weeks pregnant
Just wondering if this has happened to anybody... In the last week or so I've been getting really soft stools (and only had one case of diarrhea - sorry tmi)...  I've heard that this can be a sign that labour is getting closer...

My back has started to ache a lot and I seem to be getting a lot more pains on the sides of my stomach.  I think it might be braxton hicks that I am starting to feel every so often but I'm not sure.  Night times are horrible now as I am really uncomfortable.

I think the last few symptoms are normal when getting late in pregnancy (I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow), but what about the soft stools?
Yep, it's your body's way of naturally flushing out to prepare for labor.  It could be BH contractions or real ones but they are just not consistent and intense yet.  I had them as well for weeks but never actually went into active labor on my own.  I needed to be induced but the contractions seemed worse at night time and then I would fall asleep and wake up and realize I am still pregnant...ugh!!!!  But all of it is normal.
Sounds like things are preparing! I started getting loose stools/diarrhea around 36 weeks. Had my son at 38 weeks. It will happen soon! Just keep an eye on the contractions and see if they pick up at all...you will know! =) I would go for a nice walk.
Thanks for the input and advice ladies.  The weather is really crappy here, but perhaps it will clear up enough so I can start walking.  I am at the point where I am ready to be done.... but chances are this kid will show up late....
Do you have an exercise ball to bounce on? or steps to climb? I noticed that would help me when I was close to labor. Always made me contract during the day, until the real thing started.
It's a good sign but it doesn't mean labor will happen tomorrow. I got soft stools a couple weeks before I had my other daughters.
I think that we are bound to have labor simptoms for weeks and go into labor when we least expect it.
I've had the loose stools but no heavy contractions yet...soooo dissapointing.  I hope that both of us go sooner than later, I'm ready too.
I am definitely not expecting to go into labour right away, but I had just heard that it can be a sign that labour is not too far off.... but I guess labour is not too far off as I am almost 37 weeks....

Mumita:  i hear ya.....
i am 37 weeks pregnant and am getting loose stools and cramps on both my sides and the bottom of my belly and lower back pain and am very worried
i need some advice
I'm almost 37 weeks and been having loose stools for about a week now one min I am fine and next I need a toilet didn't no if this is a sign of early labour? Also when baby moves down below really stings??
hi ladies

I too am nearly 37 weeks (will be on Tuesday) and have been having powerful and quite painful BH contractions for a weeks now. Some I even have to stop and breath through.  I did have some loose stools but seemed to have gone back to normal the last few days.  I do remember with my first having a lot in the week leading up to labor and my doc said it is def a sign things are moving in the right direction - however at this stage there is really only one direction to be going so these symptoms can come and go for the next few weeks ahhhhh like you i am getting a bit over it all but as this is probs my last (no.3) i am also trying to savor that feeling that is so unlike anything else when the baby moves in your  tummy - pure bliss. Goodluck and hope we all have a great experience.