TTC right after birth?
I was just curious as to what was the earliest any moms tried to conceive again after having a baby? Or if anyone else had major baby fever a few weeks after giving birth?
I can't speak from experience (although I did have baby fever when my daughter was like 2 months we waited until after her 1st birthday) however there's a lady on here (who shall remain nameless) whose baby just celebrated only a few months of birth and she's already expecting again (she hasn't announced it yet so I'm not going to say who it is, LOL) but it was not planned from what I understand...I guess her baby was about one month(?) when she conceived again.
alright, thank you for answering! lily will be one month on friday and i'm crawling out of my skin to have more. :/
I want another baby and was wanting one the day after giving birth but we are going to wait a couple years maybe less.
thank you for replying. :)
anyone else?
AFter havingmy 2nd daughter I had MAJOR baby fever for a boy.  I felt like I still had a hole that needed to be filled.  (We had lost our 2nd child, a boy, to a cord accident at 38 wks)  We were NOT going to try again so soon. I was breastfeeding my daughter and stopped right around 4 months.  After she turned 6 months I still hadn't started my period and one morning i threw up my breakfast of apple and toast so iknew something was up....sure enough I was pregnant...7 weeks.  I got pregnant when my daughter was 5 mos old.  Totally not planned but definately welcome...it was a  boy :)
This would be a very personal decision - or, as another poster said, sometimes it's taken out of our hands when things just "happen" - but I cannot fathom this at all, personally.  DH and I didn't even have sex again until 8 weeks after DS was born and it took us a while to get our groove back....and I didn't even have bad tearing or anything.  

We wanted time to reconnect with each other and bond with our son and decided to wait until he was 2.5 years before TTC again.  I'm due any day and DS is now 3 years 3 months old.  I'm nervous enough about having a toddler and a newborn, I can't imagine what it would be like to have 2 babies at the same time!  But maybe I'm just a wimp ;-)

A woman's body also needs time to heal post-pregnancy.  I think that the "recommended" spacing is 2.5 years from that perspective.
i have baby fever now elliott will be 1 month on the 20th and i want to do stuff but scared as they tell you wait till 6 weeks is it safe to do stuff before your check up is everything normal down there after only 4 weeks and yes i have other kids but never was intested in that till my kids were like 4 months or more this time i want to and he is not even 4 weeks yet so this is way different is this normal
Oh heavens no baby fever for me after my daughter was born. She was 2 before we decided to try again and now I am 36 weeks with a boy. And Quinn is now 3.  We are done after this. DH gets snipped-snipped.  

I know sometimes it is taken out of your hands and just happens. But I always wanted to give my daughter the undivided, one on one attention that she deserved. I cherished her infant months with her and if I were to have gotten pregnant quickly I feel like I would of let her down.
no baby fever for me, but it did happen!! When my daughter was 7 weeks I found out I was pregnant!!  She is now 81/2 months and I just turned 8 months pregnant!! So far is not bad because the little one is inside.  I'm just really tired.  But I can't wait until I have this baby!!
I definitely feel your pain! Lily is one month tomorrow, and DB and I haven't done anything yet seeing as it hasn't been six weeks. But I am crawling out of my skin to have another little girl!
ya i know what you mean i want to try 1 more time for a girl as i have all boys not looking good but i want to at least try but i want my body to heal maybe its my body wanting to feel baby kicking in there again i don't know but hopefully i find out why i want a baby so soon i also haven't done anything but want to
I do miss the kicking a LOT. Like if I have a gas bubble that feels like a little flutter, I get nostalgic. Or if I randomly watch pregnancy/baby shows, I definitely feel the desire to be pregnant again. If you wanna message me, feel free. It'd be nice to have someone in the same boat to talk to.
I am due in 19 days and I want to start trying again ASAP after he is born.  But I also want to breastfeed which I believe will make me infertile.  Has anyone gotten pregnant while breastfeeding a newish baby?  Jen 133 did you not wait the 6 weeks after giving birth before BD?  Why do you think you were so fertile.

I would appreciate any feedback/tips as I am older and my mother started menopaus at 40 so if I want children I have to have them back to back.

THanks
It's best if you give your body at least 6 months to get back into it's regular cycle/groove and heal, otherwise there is an increased risk of preterm labor if you do conceive again right after birth ( I was reading about it on the Mayo Clinic website).

If you are REALLY anxious though, I would suggest waiting at least 3 months that way your body has had at least a little time to recuperate and you have time to focus solely on your precious newborn before entering the excitement of pregnancy again.
For the health of yourself and the next child you should wait at least 9 months before getting pregnant again.  You may think you're super woman but pregnancy is VERY hard on the body.
breastfeeding will not make you infertile. i was breastfeeding my son when i got pregnant. my boys are 16 months apart. i thought the same thing and my doc informed me that i was way wrong. you may not get your period when you breastfeed but you still ovulate.
All of the websites I have read say its highly unlikely to get pregnant while exclusively breastfeeding (by demand) becuase even if you get your period you might not be ovulating.  But I also read personal stories where it has happened, which gives me hope but...when I was TTC I read about all kinds of people who came off the pill and got preggo right away, but that couldn't have been further from the truth for me so...(although I am happy to report the pregnancy itself has been problem free).

I was planning to wait 4-6 months before trying again so that I will have enough time to requalify for mat leave.  Really this is the first time in history that women control the spacing of children, and although a lot of people tell me to wait I can't count the number of moms i see with closely spaced children, including mine and my husband's parents- everyone just says "well we didn't plan to have them so close but..."

I really appreciate the feedback, especially from those moms out there who have two, and hey who knows, maybe once he is here I won't feel so anxious anymore (but I really want a little girl too, and yes I feel like a bad person for admiting that). Good luck to everyone out there either with their LOs or TTC :)
my boys are 16 months apart, I had csections though and doctors say wait 18 months to get pregnant again. I chose not to. I TTC at 6mo with my first son, and right now am hoping I'm preggo again and if so these two will be 15 months a part. :)