Taking Castor oil to start labor
Ok so i'm about 38 weeks and the doc has told me that he's suprised i havent gone into labor already because the baby is so so so low he said i could go any day now and i've been walking alot more since my last visit that today i feel lots of pressure in my vaginal area (kinda like after you have sex) is that normal and i've heard that if you take castor oil it will start the process of labor is this true or are there risk i'm just so tired and so much pressure
That is an old wives tale, but it does work.  Be really careful with it tho, b/c it will give you diarrhea!  The last thing you want is to be using the bathroom on the staff, they might start to mistreat you! LOL :)  Try putting a tablespoon in some orange juice, walk for an hour, take a warm bath and see what happens!  Congrats mommy!
Has this worked for you or have you heard of anyone that it has worked for.... thank you
My bestfriend just had her baby 2 weeks ago.  She was getting on my nerves so BAD that I made her hubby drop her off at my house.  I gave her the castor oil we put our shoes on and started walking, then I made her take a bath so she could relax.  This was about 7:30pm; girl by 3:30 that morning I heard crying coming from the living room, she was on the floor talking about it's time to go.  I called her hubby he met us at the hospital and by 8:45am had a beautiful little girl that she named Kennedy Christian Wright!  I'm trying to think what else works besides intercourse, but who wants to do it when there's a head in your bladder, a foot in you rib cage, and you cant breathe when you're laying down! LOL
That is awsome and yes who wants to have intercourse at a time like this its hard enough to just stand lol well than kyoiu so much i wonder if i should take it now or later did she have bad diarrhea!
The diarrhea started at about 11pm.  Then her contractions started maybe at midnight but stopped around 12:30am, so at that moment I was thinking after we eat breakfast in the morning we'll get up and walk again, but fortunately we didnt have to.  Now which baby is this for you?  I know if it's your 1st baby the castor oil might not work for you until another week or so.  If this is your 2nd(or so on) once the c/o starts to clean your system out your body starts to push itself into the natural process of labor.  But I would say after you get everything settled in the house and you have your bag packed and there's nothing else you need to do then go for it.  I'm from Mississippi girl and we believe once the house is spotless, there are no dishes in the sink, you've cooked the meal you want to eat when you come home, and all of your laundry is done then take the castor oil!  Country I know!  But it's against everything my family stands for to bring the baby home to an un-clean house especially when there's going to be a house full of people!  So just pray for me come June b/c I will have a bunch of old women calling me asking "you got that house ready yet?"  HAHA! :)
This would be baby number 1 for me.... and yes i will keep you in my prayers lol and i'm going to do it so hopefully something happends tonight..... i'm so ready to see my baby and feel normal again lol....
I do not recommend drinking castor oil. It's OIL for your car, not for consumption.
my firend also did that with her first baby and it made her go into labor too.
Good luck.
I have also heard that drinking rasberry tea works.
and a hot bath.
I hope you are not confusing castor oil with castrol motor oil.  Drinking motor oil would do more than put you in labor . lol  I have never heard of this method until I started reading posts on here.  There is such a thing as castor oil and you would find it at the pharmacy.  The reason Im aware of this oil is because it is used for constipation.  haha  When I have gone into labor I did not need any help in that department.  So be careful.  things could get messy for you and the Dr while your pushing.  The method I have used is to do nipple stimulation.  It releases oxytocin that will force you to have contractions.  Eighter way post back and share your experience.  Good luck and have fun.
Kris
I dont know if this is really true but my mother said that it worked for her.  She has said that when she was pregnant with me he saw midwives, and if you're overdueby two weeks or more then they cant deliever the baby.  So my mom was overdue a week and five days with me and she was worried that she would have to go to a hospital to deliever me and they told her to go home, have sex and to make sure that you orgasm.  She said that she took thier adivice and it worked.  Not sure if its just a coincidence or if its true.
It worked for my sister!  She had my niece the next morning after drinking some castor oil.  So Good Luck!!
i took castor oil with my first daughter and it did nothing, never even gave me the runs lol, however i took it at 37 and a half weeks with my second daughter mixed with orange juice.....i was sick within 10 minutes of taking it and stuck on the toilet for a while, but it worked a treat for me, i took the castor oil on sunday evening and had her early hours of tuesday morning, she just slid out lol, if your fed up and in pain i would recommend it, i'm nw 37 and half weeks with my 3rd child and have been and got castor oil today and am defo taking it tonight, lets just hope it works!!!

please take it wth caution if you suffer from I.B.S as the diorhea and pains you get will be a lot more severe than someone who doesn't suffer with it.......trust me i know :-)
I'm 34 weeks n I really want to have this baby I'm exhausted I can anymore I'm still working but always with contractions n in pain if I driink castro oil what's going to happend
Be careful taking castor oil. The reason some midwives don't recommend it is because it makes you have diarrhea and can cause baby to do a bm inside, which isn't good. I know your frustrated but know the risk before trying castor oil.