The condom broke
Hello! I have a problem. I had sex with my boyfriend yesterday and the condom broke. We realized that immediately, he even says that the condom broke while he was not inside anymore., but I''m scared. The condom broke before he ejaculated but I know that also in this case there is a chance to get pregnant. It was the 12th day of my menstrual cycle. I don''t have a regular 28 days cycle, the last time the distance between the cycles was of 33 days and before that it was of 31 days. Anyway, I took a Escapelle pill 15 or 16 hours after I had sex. I read that within 24 hours the efficiency of the pill is 95% but I still worry. How big are the chances to get pregnent? Thank you very much for your help.
because you took the Escapelle pill15 as soon as you could i would rest easy that it would cover any chances, but you really should see other options for birth control to prevent further scares...  some you only worry about once a month, injections that are good for 3 months, some that can be even implanted in the arm that are good for 5 years, and the standard birth control pill (but i wouldnt reccomend it if you cant remember to take pills on time) there are lots of options and i suggest reseaching what would work best for you and view and consider the costs as well... then discuss it with you Dr... anyway like you said its 95% effective with in the first 24 hours... good luck!
Lesley's right, you should consider other birth control options if you can. They break more often than you think, even when you buy the good ones!
Be aware that the morning-after pill can make you pretty sick, even trick you into seriously thinking it didn't work. Odds are it did, but it might take you one, even two whole cycles before your body feels like it's back to normal.