Those Who Have Been Induced...
I am wondering for those of you who have been induced, how over sue were you before they chose to induce?
I was due yesterday, June 20, and there is no sign of baby coming. This is my second child, and my first was born on his due date. I have a Dr appointment tomorrow afternoon and was wondering if you think my Dr will decide on an induction date. I sure hope she does, because I see her every Monday, and if we wait till my following appointment, I would be 9 days over due. So do you think they will choose an induction date?
well   i have been  induced all three  times the frist was because my daughter  was over due i  went a week past my  due date. With my  son  i was induced on my due date do to me  having  pneumonia and  elvated bp and  with my last one  iwas induced two weeks early  due to my  elvated bp and  questionable baby  size they though she was to big.     I think thew  rule is a week  at least that was with my doc. Every doctor is  different  sometimes it  depends on how busy the  L&D  ward is  at the hospital  u are delivering at. Good luck hopefully  she  will send  for an induction tomorrow
I was induced with my first bc I was one week overdue and no sign of lanor beginning.  They were planning to wait until I was 9 days o/d, but an u/s at my appt revealed that the amniotic fluid was getting low, so they induced that day.
Some women are induced by their due date, others wait 2 weeks because they want their baby to come when they're ready.
Well I hope my Dr decides to set a date. I could not imagine another 2 weeks! My ribs feel like I have been drop kicked 1000 times. So hopefully my Dr will set a date for next week... fingers crossed!!
i was 11 days over due but that was 10 years ago.   you could see if thay could strip your bag of waters i heard that helps
With my last one (#5) I was induced ON my due date.  Becuase I had been pregnant numerous times they had expected me to go sooner...and I was miserable..not sleeping, throwing up, couldn't eat, my hips got HORRIBLE pains, couldn't get comfortable.

Now as Scorpiogirl said you can ask that they strip your membranes....it's relevatively painless...pretty uncomfortable...but it work for me wtih #4....had them stripped on Thursday, he was born monday  7 days before his due date.
I was induced a week early due to mild preeclampsia.  I kind of wish I was able to wait for everything to happen naturally, but I was having rapid weight gain, swelling and incrasing blood pressure so they didn't want to take a chance.  Some women have different experiences with being induced.  For me, the induction started at 6am and I was fuly dilated by 128pm and had her naturally at 328pm.  A friend of mine was also induced at 6am and her daughter by 1030am.  I think your doctor shoudl respect your wishes.
I agree with KM604, the doctors should respect ur wishes... I had my daughter on her due date and was induced.  I had very high BP and the night before couldn't breathe due to acid reflux.  Was very scary and they had to do what they had to do.  I wish I wasn't induced and for her to come when she was ready. I was induced on the 10th at 1pm and had her the next day the 11th at 6:53pm...Was a very long labor!  The baby will be here soon...be patient :)
I have to disagree- a doctor should do what is medically necessary, not respect your wishes due to be uncomfortable. If you have a medically necessary reason to be induced then obviously they'll set that up. They won't induce you "just because". Their priority is to make sure you and baby are safe. Inductions have a high rate of emergency c-sections.

I would start off as naturally as possible. Have them strip your membranes (if you're dilated). This caused me to give birth to each of my daughters (two separate pregnancies) within 24 hours. After they strip your membranes they should let you walk and move and try to get your body to dilate on its own.

And then they should break your water. I would hold off on Pitocin as long as possible. In fact I have read so many awful things about it, from L&D nurses, that I want to avoid it completely this birth.

Good luck!
Trust me being induced is no fun!!!  Here in Canada, they will not do it unless medically necessary.  I agree with that 100% Go for walks, membranes swept etc... like I said before the baby will be here very soon.  :)
My mom was pregnant with me for 10 months! Thats when they induced her. Surprisingly I wasnt really heavy. 8 ponds ish.
i was induced with my 3rd i was 12 days over not by my own choice my doctors refused to induce me until i was 42 weeks i hope your baby comes on its own i hated being induced
good luck x