Thoughts on home births?
Hey guys my name is Cassidy I'm 16 weeks and I was feeling really good about everything in my pregnancy, I have bought everything I need already, my partner and I have started discussing names, we have plans around work after bubba arrives and we had our birth plan set as a home water birth with my 2 home birth midwives and my partner but I recently made a comment on Facebook about my plans for a home birth on a post after another woman had a home birth and there were a lot of negative comments surrounding home birth and I don't usually comment on things like this but it was really hard to read. Then it all started, I had a few women telling me that I am being selfish choosing to have a home birth and that I am putting both mine and my babies lives at risk etc etc. I know that there are risks involved but a lot of those risks aren't instantly going to go away by having a hospital birth and I have 2 professionally trained home birth nurses who will be checking our vitals constantly and will know well before hand when something isn't right and we need to go to hospital buf now after those nasty comments I'm starting to rethink the whole idea and at this point I don't want to give birth at all. I was so happy and excited but now I feel like an awful person and I don't know what to do.
I think you should rethink it. So many things could go wrong with you and the baby, or just the baby. Being in a hospital may thwart some of those instances. Whereas having a home birth would not allow crucial seconds it may take in a hospital to save one of your lives. I think it is selfish personally,but if it's something you're okay with risking then by all means don't let anyone detour you from it. It's your life and your baby.
Don't do a home birth. That small percent chance that something goes wrong is not worth the risk. There's a reason women started giving birth in hospitals.
In all honesty I think it is up to whatever you feel most comfortable doing there is going to be risk no matter how or which way You give birth so in my opinion I think it is totally up to you. Bc it will be a day you will never forget so you want to make it special I totally understand.  
This is something to discuss with your Dr/midwife. There are safe ways to have an assisted home birth for mom and baby :) it is completely up to you and your Dr what you feel is best