Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Took castor oil and nothing is happening

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I took 4 tablespoons of castor oil this morning and it has almost been almost four hours and I haven't even had any cramping.  When should it make me go to the bathroom???  If it works how soon do contractions usually start???
You are taking castor oil for what? to induce labor?
Yeah same question as mamaofonetrying42
A week ago my sista had a bby she was 6days l8 nd had sum castor oil the next day she gave brth but she also had rasberry tea but she had the tablet form not th tea cz th tablet is stronger u musnt take it if u r less than 30weeks pregnant
Your not the same person who posted about taking castor oil to abort your baby are you???????
I am 40 weeks and 4 days, ji was thinking about taking some too, but are worried about getting the runnies!  My Dr. won't induce until after 42 weeks. And I'm really ready to have this baby. I hope it works for you soon, and let us know. I have ready some people that took it say it takes 4-8 hours to work. but who knows. Some it doesn't do a thing for.  Good Luck and hope your baby comes soon. How far are you?
I wasn't trying to be mean, I was just confused with someone else who posted a similar question but wanted to cause a m/c! Sorry.....
castor oil induces labor it doesnt make you abort your baby as well as it helps with lossing the stool. i am a certified medical assistant castor oil is a mississippi remedy better yet its a grandma remedy just like sweet oil is for an ear infection. so you shouldnt assume this lady is trying to abort her child that is very rude  of you /
The ladies who asked about aborting were referring to a very disturbing post on one of the other boards of a young lady wanting to take castor oil to abort her baby.  I don't think they meant to be rude, it was just the only other question on the boards referring to castor oil.
as previous posting ....people were concerned if this was the case,however if it wasnt,then surely she would have clarified the question here after reading the replys,..their answers were not meant to be rude.
I read that castor oil will help stimulate uterine contractions and if you are far enough along and your body is ready but needs a push. That is when to try it, because otherwise it will only give you the runs. There is alot of other information on helping to induce labor naturally & if your bidy is ready when you use a search engine for natural induction pocedures used by mid wives.
so if u are approxiately 5 weeks a happened to drink castor oil will it cause a miscarrage (miscarriage)/abortion?
hansen20 commented on photo
1 hr ago
dianaexoh uploaded a new photo
1 hr ago
specialmom commented on realjimmy's status
1 hr ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy