Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Travelling by air in the at 37 weeks of pregnancy

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I am 37 weeks pregnant, and I am scheduled to travel by air from Nigeria to the US next week Tuesday 16 june 09, (at that time I would be 37wks + 5 days). Is it safe to travel at this stage? If it's not, i would be glad if someone can tell me the likely effects to the mother and to the unborn child.

thank you.
Tags: Pregnancy, air
I don't believe there are effects but I know that doctor's don't recommend it.  You are too close to your due date, what if you went into labor in the air?  Are you planning on giving birth in the US?  I would speak to your OB about flying in the late stages of pregnancy.
The air pressure changes form flying can start contractions.  That is a long flight.  I would think twice about travelling so late in pregnancy.  Not to mention, UNCOMFORTABLE too! :)
I have heard that a lot of airlines to not allow you to travel that late without a doctor's note.
-1st
1st is right. If the airlines know how far along you are they probably wont let you on the plane. I'll be flying around 37 weeks to but my flight only lasts for 3 and a half hours and they are still hesitant on letting me fly.
My doctor says it's not safe to fly after the second trimester I think it was. Might be a little later but that late(37 weeks) may not be a real good idea. If you have to you have to but I'm not sure they will even let you on because they don't want someone going into labor on the plane.
Wow don't tell the airlines how far along you are. They get really mad when women have babies on planes. The flight attendants are not equiped to handle a delivery. Other than that it won't hurt the baby to fly.
melandjae is ... Comment
1 hr ago
KeeLolo, and hansen20 commented on hansen20's status
hansen20, and KeeLolo commented on hansen20's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy