Treadmill and pregnancy
Is it okay to walk on a treadmill during pregnancy? This may sound silly but wanted to know! I would love to just walk outside, but...
1) it's freezing cold outside  
2) We have no sidewalks and the one road people fly up and down it and I am so scared of some idiot not paying attention. I would also be scared to walk with a stroller with my almost 3 year old with all the cars going by.

I just want to do some slow, light walking everyday or every other day to stay in shape. Last pregnancy I was on bedrest and wasn't able to exercise at all and was very weak and I never lost the baby weight after giving birth before this pregnancy. As long as pre-term labor doesn't seem like an issue this time, I want to stay fit! Even if it's just walking.
Chantal I still go to my gym and use the treadmill and elliptical. My doctor said it was fine as long as I don't try and run a marathon or really strain myself. I honestly just like walking at a slight incline on the treadmill.
That's what I was thinking. A slight incline while walking. Thanks!! :) I will still run it by my midwife at some point here and make sure she is okay with it. I've been getting some BH again. They seem to be picking up. So if they don't calm down, she may not want me to...but we will see! I just want to stay in good shape this time around. I kinda let myself go last time. =/
i have been  going to  gym also and using the treadmill and elliptical  machine my obgyn was fine with it just as long as i  dont  overdue it.  I enjoy the elliptical more  due a knee injury  from a few years ago but i also do alot  of swim  areobics and  such  but  just run the quesion by the midwife or dr . as long as  u arent having any  big issues  it seems like it should be  ok