Trying again after D&C
Hello, I had a D&C on August 12th and I was 8 weeks pregnant. I got my period again on September 12th and I want to start trying to get pregnant again as soon as possible. How long should you wait after a D&C to start trying again?
Well with a D&C I would wait at least 2 cycles to allow your body to heal. What did your Dr. tell you? I had 3 miscarriages and with the first one I waited 2 years (for other reasons) the 2nd I waited 2 months and now I'm not going to start till the first of the year. Good Luck and hope you get preggers soon!

U had a friend who had a m/c but no D&C and didn't even wait till her next period she just tried again and got pregnant right away and just had her baby boy 3 weeks ago.
Hi Mea426...thank you so much for your reply. I'm sorry to hear about your losses and I wish you all the best of luck when you decide to try again. I spoke with two different doctors and they told me different things, one said wait 2 cycles and the other said it was ok to try after the first normal cycle. I'm very anxious to start trying again but I don't want to increase my chances of having another miscarriage.

I'm excited to hear about your friend and her baby boy, hopefully that will be us soon :)
I think most dr.'s say to wait 3cycles.

I had a d&c on Sept21 07 and got my 1st period on Oct.26 and I found out that I was pregnant again in Nov. Mr. hunter is now 8weeks old! Do what you feel is right for you!

Sorry you are going thought this......
Getting pregnant after a d&c does not increase your chances of having another m/c......

M/c's just happenes........
Well you should wait for yourself to heal emotionally more than anything! It's very hard as you know to go through this kind of thing and the better you are emotionally the better it will be for you in the long run! Good Luck sweetie!
Your free to get pregnant at anytime after a D&C as long as your doctor doesn't specifically tell you to wait. I got pregnant after my first cycle and conceived 6 weeks post D&C. Someone else on here conceived 3 weeks after hers.
My doctor told me to wait 3 cycles for this reason... your uterine lining needs to build back up again and periods help bring nutrients to those tissues for them to get "thicker" so to speak.  So, I followed doctors orders.  Most doctors will tell you atleast 2, but usually 3 cycles.

Personally speaking, I didn't want to risk anything.  I wanted everything to be as ideal as possible and as healthy as possible in there.  I am now in my 16th week of pregnancy.  I think you will want to wait those 3 cycles anyway for emotional healing purposes.

Sorry to hear you lost a pregnancy, but in a few months you will be right back on track :)
I got pregnant last November and had a D&C at the beginning of Feb. 08 ...the baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks.  My doctor told me I should wait at least 3 months (so, three cycles) before trying again.  I had a period at the end of February and March, but nothing showed in April!  So I went thru 2 cycles before I got pregnant again.

I'm now 24 weeks pregnant.  =D  Like others have said, having one miscarriage does not mean you'll keep having them.  But make sure you are ready emotionally ...I wasn't, so it made this pregnancy a very worrisome one.  All I could think about was "When will I lose this one?"  No matter how long you wait tho, that little worry will always be there ...but it's not as bad if you give yourself time to heal physically and emotionally.

Good luck to you and so very sorry about your loss.  <3
I'm so sorry for your loss & Best of luck!!!! on trying again whenever you decide to start again.
Im sorry for your loss, I had a missed m/c june 12th and a d&c june 17th, my dr told me after one cycle i could try. Technically there is no written parameters on how long to wait, if there was, all dr's would be telling every woman the same thing. And i have been trying and nothing yet. i think if your emotionally and physcially ready then do it. Good luck.
Hi all,
I'm a new user i have been reading this interesting informations the is really bothering my head. I had D and C in Nov 10 and so far i have not received my periods is that normal or abnormal? I was thinking to try preganacy again but after i was told to wait to have normal 2 or 3 periods before i try again. Please help me with your advice.
Worried xoxo