Trying to quit smoking - I'm very scared!
Today I tried to quit smoking using the Alan Carr EASYWAY book (like cold turkey), I felt so excited this morning but by the time I'd eaten I felt the withdrawal start to really hit me. It's now the evening and I was a nervous wreck worried in a catch 22 where if I smoke I worry about the baby's health but the withdrawal is causing me to break down in tears with stress which is also causing me concern about the health of the baby. I only found out I was pregnant a week ago and I could only be 3 weeks pregnant. My other half is very angry with me as I have had to give in and have a cigarette. I don't know what to do.. I'm scared.
I'm now booked in to see a hypnotherapist in 2 days
Please help
The withdrawls you are feeling your baby us feeling too. Just cut back a few a day and then think how nasty it is every time you smoke.
You can do it, stay strong.  Its been 5 months for me. I Still want one alot because everyone smokes but, i know I can again later. Its easier then you think
By the time 2 days gets here your withdrawls will be gone. But the mental addiction is still there so it would prob still be good to go. You are doing the right thing by quitting. People will tell you they smoked with all their kids and they are just fine but what if they do it one more preg and really screw up their babies health. I have a friend who will always have to do breathing treatments bc his mom kept smoking. It is extremely dangerous for your baby and people are very selfish who will not quit. You can do it! I am very happy to hear that you are thinking about your baby. Do not be angry with yourself bc this is hard and it doesnt always take the first try just as long as you are trying
Thankyou so much for the responses!
Many people including my mom smoked whilst pregnant but you can never tell if something horrible will happen to you and your baby just because others haven't had to suffer
I'm trying very hard, this I'd my first and I have wanted a baby for so long I cried my eyes out when I found out. This means so much to me.
The guilt however and the cold turkey trying really did effect me ( I'm extremely neurotic as a person anyway) I feel the stress will really damage the baby!
I'm getting worried about every little ache I feel and the smoking is just the icing on the cake to making me feel like I will be a terrible mom.
Sweetheart, the fact that your trying your best to quit shows you are a good mom! Quiting is very very hard. Keep trying and don't give up. You CAN do this!
Thank you that means so much