Twin to twin transfusion
Went to an appointment yesterday and was told that twin to twin transfusion is possibly happening and now I have to go out of state to see what needs to be done. I'm only 22 weeks. Has anyone here went through this? How did you get through it?
Wow, that's got to be scary.  Why did they say that was happening?  Are the fetuses different sizes?  I read that this only occurs with identical twins sharing a placenta.  They have come a long way in treatment.  There are two options including amniocentesis which would be done regularly to drain off excess fluid to maintain good blood flow or a surgical procedure that walls off the placenta.  I'm really sorry this is happening to you but do follow what they say to do so that you can deliver healthy babies.  hugs sweetie and stay in touch
The only thing different between the two is the amount of fluid around them. They did say either one of those options could happen. I find out tomorrow what needs to be done
Come back and let us know how you are and how your doctor's appointment went.  hugs
They drained the fluid but I have to go back to get it checked. They said it will most likely have to be drained again but when is up in the air, depends on how fast it fills back up.