Tylenol PM
I'm 25 wks now and I was having a mild headache yesterday, so I took a tylenol PM last night before bed. I rested well and the headache is gone today, but I have felt the baby move very little today. I know what we take can pass through the placenta. Is it possible that I put her to sleep? Every now and then I feel a flutter, but no strong taps like usual and not often. Maybe like 3 times all day.
The only safe thing is acetaminophen, not mixed with anything else. The Tylenol PM contains a drug that would put you to sleep, and the baby as well. It could have harmed your baby. Meds like that affect fetuses in other ways than it affects us. It could have slown her heart. I'd take a trip up to L&D just to be sure she's okay and her heart isn't slow.

Next time try just Tylenol alone, exra strength is fine.
I was told by my OB ( and granted, they all have different stories), that ANY Tylenol product is OK to take, as well as Benadryl and Unisom.  I'm an RN and work 12 hour night shifts, so on occassion I would take a Unisom (pre-pregnancy) on my nights off to try to get a normal sleeping pattern for a couple of days.....They said it was fine and that Unisom is frequently suggested to help with morning sickness....
Hey I found this ---->

Ask your doctor or midwife if you can take an antihistamine. Diphenhydramine hydrochloride and doxyalamine (brand names include Benadryl, Sominex, and Unisom) are generally considered safe during pregnancy, although drowsiness is a side effect — not the primary effect — of the drug. Since other possible side effects include impaired alertness and dizziness, you should not drive or operate machinery after taking this medication.

so next time take unisom instead :o)
ps.  I never ended up having to take the Unisom during my short lasting pregnancy.....Glad to see that pinkbelle heard the same though.  Oh yeah, my friend took Benadryl alot during her pregnancy and had a chunky monkey baby boy on Jan. 6th!  
I took Benadryl to wean myself off of Seroquel. I was taking it to sleep, and was actually told by my doctor to stop because it has been known to cause defects, most commonly cleft lip and cleft palate.
My Dr gave me a list of meds that I can take during pregnancy and ANY form of Tylenol was listed, I just didn't know the PM would have this sort of effect. It kinda scared me because she is such an active lil girl.  really haven't had trouble sleeping, except when I have a headache. That's the only reason I went ahead and took the PM. Benadryl is also on that list and I took it with my other three kids, so I assume it's fine. I will try the Unisom next time. Thanks for the suggestion.
My doctor also told me Tylenol PM is fine.  I think that most of the risks are in the 1st trimester.  But my doc said Tylenol/Tylenol PM was fine throughout pregnancy.  I have taken it w/ at least 4 of my pregnancies and all of my babies were fine.  If you are concerned, I would go ahead and call your doc.  It will help put your mind at ease.
Actually my doc told me it's s fine to take, it just basically Tylenol with Benedryl.  I take it every now and then for insomnia and it really helps.  Unisom will put you to sleep too but it's on th ok list.
TRy drinking a glass of ice cold water it will wake your lil girl up.
This happened when you took Benadryl a few weeks ago too right?  your putting your baby to sleep.  My OB said no Tylenol PM because of the sleepy effect...It knocks me out so I didnt want it to have the same effect on the baby.
I was told at L and D to go home and take 2 tylenol PM's, take a nap, and come back in the morning to have my baby.
you are ok w/taking benadryl, ... did any of you know that's what OTC Nausea meds are? Just benadryl,

Diphenhydramine, and diphenhydranate hcl. that's all. It won't hurt you and as long as it's taken in small doses and not all the time (during weeks 6-10) when everything important is forming, then you should be fine.

My dr. and pharmacist both said it's ok. It's a Class B medicine I believe. So Tylenol PM IS safe, as long as your not taking a ton of it.