Tylonol with Codine while pregnant
My OBGYN doesnt talk to me or explain anything to me. I  wonder if she knows anything about anything. I am having 3 wisdom teeth extracted and I'm pregnant. She told my Oral Surgeon that it's O.K. to prescribe me tylonol with Codine. Is this too much of a risk to take? I'm in my third trimester. I know I'm gonna be in a lot of pain from the extraction.
Its fine to take tylenol with codine even in the third trimester. I got it prescribed to me as well when I had to get dental things done. I'm sure if you doctor didn't think it was safe wouldn't have prescribed it to you.
Yep, I have a very highly respected ob/gyn for this area, and he prescribed me tylenol with codiene for my headaches. He obviously knows I'm pregnant, since he's my ob/gyn
I slit my thumb open a year ago while 4 months pregnant. They prescribed me Tylenol Codeine at the ER after stitching me up, but they told me to only use it when the pain was UNBEARABLE and to not use it every few hours. They told me codeine will be passed to the baby and they don't really know how it affects them.

I never filled the prescription. I ended up just using regular Tylenol and I was in such extreme pain, but I wanted my baby to be safe.

Can't you wait to have your teeth pulled until after you give birth? You haven't gotten long left with the pregnancy... just wondering!
"TYLENOL®with Codeine (acetaminophen and codeine phosphate) tablets should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus."

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/acetcod_wcp.htm
Yes, my doctor prescribed me Tylenol 3 for my back pain when I was 31 weeks pregnant. I gave birth at 33 weeks and my twins are perfectly fine. However, I had my wisdom teeth pulled 2 years ago and believe me Tylenol 3 is not strong enough for the pain. I would reccomend percocet, which is also fine to take while pregnant, as long as you are responsible and only take what you need.
Just curious what they are giving you during the surgery?
I was recently in the ER for 5 hrs waiting just waiting because i was loosing my voice and had an afull cough after 5 hrs of waiting he looked me over for 3 sec prescibed me amoxocillin  tylinol with codine and albuterall inhaler told me I had cronic bronchitis and laringitis I started to cry I was soo scared and Im in my 20th week of pregnancy and the ER knew it tooo....... no blood test no x rays to see if i had numonia? nothing just sent me out the door like that.....now im coughing up well - its like water to tell ya honestly almost like a mouth full of foam... im sooo scared my obgyn told me that i needed to see my primary care doctor but they couldnt get me in till feb 11th soo i had to go to the ER>
I've had several teeth extracted during a few of my pregnancies and was given tylenol w/codeine...my babies are all fine.
It sounds like you don't have a very open relationship with your OB... even if she wasn't wrong about the tylenol with codine... she should be willing and able to explain things to you and alleviate all your concerns!!  I know it's late in the game since its your third trimester, but could you ask the practice to re-assign you to a different doctor?
I have an infected wisdom tooth and I was prescribed vicodin for pain to help me sleep. My OB/GYN gave me a list of meds that are okay during pregnancy. I took it with me to my dental appointment. Tylenol w/Codeine is on the safe list.
I took pain meds while pregnangt with my second daughter...They put me on lortab 5 first and then I asked them to reduce me to Tyloenol w/ codine...My hip and pelvic bones dislocated at 5 months in and I was told if I do not stop the pain it will throw me into labor early...greater risk...it all made me very un comfrortable, but when she was born she was perfect and still is...no problems and very smart...sometimes things have to be done while you are pregnant and you can always check sites like these (google answers) to at least guide you to a better decision...if all else fails ask you pharmisist.