UTI again.
I'm 18 weeks and have another bladder infection. This is my 3rd one this pregnancy :( I'm miserable and worse, worried about taking the antibiotics because of the baby. But as soon as I finish them, the infection comes back. I've upped my fluid intake and taken all the precautions not to get a uti but nothing works. I don't know what to do anymore, its bringing me to tears.
Punk,  are you taking cranberry tablets or drinking straight cranberry juice?  There's some thought that in some women,  that causes bladder irritation and actually makes women more prone to bladder infections.

In most women,  it helps.  But in some women,  especially those prone to irritable bladder syndrome,  also called IC,  the acid in the cranberry roughs up the inner lining in the bladder and makes things worse.

Also,  I don't know what other precautions you are taking,  but taking a break from vaginal sex and will probably help.  Also (trying to be delicate here) be aware that UTIs are often caused by saliva,  so that means his saliva,  and yours.  So giving oral and then having vaginal sex can be a big problem.

Best wishes.
Thankyou. This helps. Yea I am taking cranberry tablets and drinking the juice, maybe ill give that a break and drink more water. I'm down to try almost anything at this point.
I have a history of bladder infections,  and as soon as I felt one coming on I'd start downing the tablets.  I don't do that anymore - and have noticed a big difference.  When I googled that,  it seems like a lot of women experience that although cranberry does seem to help other women.

Hope these clear up -