Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
UTI and pregnancy

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

UTI and pregnancy

My doctor ran tests and found that I had a UTI yesterday.  No biggie, get antibiotics and move on, right?  Well, my question is because I'm having a WHOLE lot of lower-to-mid back pain, and I'm wondering if it could be a kidney infection by now.  I started meds this morning, and am hoping for a reprieve, but so far the back pain is only getting worse.  Could it just be that pregnancy makes the bain pain that bad?  It's not been a huge problem until now.  I'm rambling now.  
  • Spotting (2 replies):
    I just took a pregnancy test last night and this morning...[more]
  • UTI (2 replies):
    If you have a UTI can that harm the baby? If its not sev...[more]
  • stomach cramps (5 replies):
    I was seen 2 days ago for stomach pain to find out that ...[more]
  • Miscarriage and Uti's (16 replies):
    Okay so I found out 2 weeks ago I'm pregnant. I wound up...[more]
  • UTI (2 replies):
    Was diagnosed with a uti last night and had no fever at ...[more]
I would call your Dr. It defianatly could move to kidneys that fast. How far along are you? not to scare you but uti's can also lead to miscarriage. so defianlty call your Dr
I read that somewhere earlier and am hoping that's not the case.  I'll be twelve weeks tomorrow.  We've almost made it out of the dangerous window of time.
yes but uti's are one thing that can cause a late miscarriage. so please call your dr, they may deciede to do some iv antiobidoitis to get them in your system faster
I put in a telephone consult to my doc here, and am waiting for instructions, but apparently they can take up to three days to answer back.  If I'm not better in the morning, I'll go to sick call again.  This is rediculous.
I had a UTI at 12 weeks, No problem at all. I was prescibed antibiotics. I had some discomfort for a maybe 2 days after i was on antibiotics, and then i was fine. Give your antibiotics a chance to work it's way through your body.
Keep us posted when your doctor calls your back :o)
That must be the magic week for UTI's I swear I had one at 12weeks..... I was cramping and went to the ER, the did some test and told me I had a UTI..... It can cause some discomfort/cramping...even some bleeding.... and I would definitely take the meds and if you dont start to feel any better in a couple days go back in.... OR if your cramping of pain gets any worse I would call.... But once the meds get a chance to get in to your system you should be just fine!
hey,
just wanted to say goodluck! i had a uti a few weeks ago i was in so much pain they admitted me to hospital for a week and checked on baby every day for his heart beat. everyone was very worried about miscarriage and i was over 20 weeks by then.  most certainly finish all your pills. and if you are having back pain that prevents you from sleeping certainly seek help.  a hot pack helped and by the end of all the medicine they gave me i was okay with the idea of taking some tylenol. drink lots of water and hopefully the pain starts to go away.
hope you're feeling better soon and dont be afraid to go to the er if you are in a lot of pain.
Hey - thanks for the support.  The docs here make everything so hard.  I'm not sure what the process even is to go to the ER.  I am just waiting to see if it goes away.  Islept well last night, so that's a big plus!
KTowne Been worried that my sympto... Comment
KTowne commented on zara2010's status
xoxo_143 Idk what's wrong with me. I... Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy