Ultrasound pictures at 5 weeks
The U/S tech today said that my dates match my gestational sac size; she also read the hcg levels that were drawn last week (they more than doubled). She said that the gestational and yolk sacs were visible but I will need to make an appointment in a week to come back to see the fetal pole and heartbeat, that it is just too soon to tell. She never mentioned what the two white dots inside the gestational sac were. Was it my baby, more than one, the beginnings of the fetal pole? Anyone know, or is it too early to know? Do the dots indicate fetal matter? Would she have been able to see anything inside this early?
i think the thing that will help you most is to google "normal ultrasound 5 weeks pregnant" or something of the sort....it will give you a good reference :).
That sounds similar to what I saw at my first ultrasound at 6w1d. I saw the sac and some dots. The tech said it was the baby and typed "baby" with an arrow pointing to the spot in the sac where the dots where. I was also able to see the heartbeat flickering on the screen but it was too early to hear it and get the rate. Good luck next week. Everything sounds fine compared to my experience.