Umbilical cord not in middle of placenta
My daughter went for her ultrasound today and found out she was having what appears to be a normal, healthy girl.  But, then the doctor told us there was a problem with the umbilical cord - instead of being in the middle of the placenta, it is on the side.  He wants to do another U/S in four weeks.  But, he didn't tell us much else.  My daughter is distraught and I am a little concerned too!  Has anyone else ever had this?  Did everything turn out alright???
Did they give you a name of Velamentous cord insertion? It sounds very rare and that it usually isn't found until after delivery.
If her little girl is healthy then she is obviously getting all the nutrients and anything that she needs from mom. That should be at least something to keep her less worried. How far along is she?
I think it is Marginal chord insertion.  The doctor did say that the baby was very active, had a good heart rate, all the organs looked good and the measurements of everything were right on target.  She is 18 weeks and 6 days, or she was yesterday.  So I guess that would make her 19 weeks today.