Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Very Itchy feet!

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Very Itchy feet!

I am 22 weeks pregnant and have recently began itching so bad the tops of my feet are bleeding.  I can't control it and just want to scratch all day!!  I don't have a rash or any swelling in my feet and have not changed any meds, lotions, or soaps.  I also have not had any strange foods recently so I am pretty sure it is not an allergic reaction.  My concerrn is that it could be intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy.  My mom told me about it since someone at her church was diagnosed with it and when I told her about the itching she told me to call the dr. I did and they told me to just try some calamine lotion.  I don't even think I would be able to let it dry without scratching it off!  I am also having a really hard time falling asleep because all I want to do is itch.  As far as the rest of my pregnancy, this is my second and I did not have this with the first.  I had preecalmpsia with the first and am being monitored for that with this one.  I did have a SCH early on in this pregnancy but it seems to have resolved itself.  I also had my quad screen come back abnormal but apparently that was a result of my SCH since there was nothing on the ultrasound noting a NT defect.  
I am just looking for some advise on the itching and if you think it could be ICP.  Is it too early for that to be an issue?  What should I ask my Dr. to check if they seem reluctant?  (We are military and they keep trying to refer me to my PCM because they only see preg related probs)

I would appreciate ANY advise or help with this!!
Thanks!!
KTowne, and hansen20 commented on hansen20's status
1 hr ago
Lumibutterfly added the Pregnancy Tracker
hansen20, and KTowne commented on hansen20's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy