Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Visitors!!!!

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Visitors!!!!

Hey ladies! So im due aug 23rd with a little girl, it will be our first. We live right outside of minneapolis and one of our friends wants to come up from kansas to visit after the baby after she is born. She wants to come first week of oct but I keep getting this feeling like I dont want any long time visitors after she will be born. Plus our friend is wanting to come up for 4-5 days and shes trying to plan all this stuff to do like go to the mall of america, apple orchards, going to the lake and all sorts of stuff. I did tell her that we will have a newborn with us the entire time!!! She just says I know, im great with babies. I dont think she comprehends that it will be difficult to bring a newborn to the mall of america and walk around for hours! Its hard enough being 7mo along! My husband thinks that its okay for her to come visit for a week. Oh and she'll be staying with us the entire time! And I dont think ill want to entertain her the entire time plus being with the baby. Sorry this is so long but does it seem unreasonable for me to not want her to come? Has anyone been in a situation like this and how did you handle it?
I couldn't and wouldn't handle someone coming for that long at my house with my new baby! I understand where you're coming from. I wouldn't my baby in a mall for several hours. See if you can cut her visiting time into less then half that!!
It doesn't sound unreasonable at all. Plus all the discomfort you might have after birth. I do not blame you one bit. I haven't been in this situation but I would just tell her up front and ask if she can wait or something. She should understand.
thanks, that makes me feel better! Lol I think im just going to explain to her why she shouldnt come. Plus we may be in the middle of moving so it would make it worse!
I could handle.someone coming that long if it was a close friend or family member but they'd have to entertain themselves Haha. I definitely would not take my baby out to the lake and wouldn't be able.to walk around a huge mall.like that because you'll be so.worn out still ESP.with being a new mom and.learning everything and babies don't need to be in huge crowded places like that cause their immune system isn't strong enough AND being in a big crowd can cause colic and you'd hate your friend forever lol trust me I still hate.my ex husband's aunt.for taking my oldest put in the wind.after I repeatedly asked her not to, went to the bathroom came back and she didn't even have him.covered and it was still cool outside! I'd just ask her to wait a bit or explain you can't go places like that OR tell you that you're sure you'd still be in exhaustion mode and don't want her to be bored. You know? Make it all about her and her comfort and baby's comfort of course and if she still insists just say no lol kinda like drugs! Haha
Haha! I didnt know babies werent suppose to be in big crowds due to the low immunity, it makes total sense and I definately dont want a colicy baby! Shes a close friend but not that close! Thanks for the info and advice. :)
I wouldnt be cool with it its time for the family to bond plus do u really want another female in ur house for that long when u n ur hubby arent intimate.. 6 wks wait remember... Not a good idea... No offense to ur friend or hubby but lets be wise u will be overly entertained with baby... To pay attention to ur hubby then to add more needed attention of a guest...not wise.
veronica0808 commented on photo
Shannon79 commented on photo
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy