Water Births?
So basically, has anyone had a water birth??
I'm kinda looking for people who have done it in and out of water (or however you would word that) and how they compare?
which one was preferred?  
I've seen 7 babies be born, and was the labor coach for three, but no one in my family has ever had a water birth
I actually have the option to have one so I just wanted to ask people that have had one.
My family think its kind of weird lol but I'm open to it.
Let me know. I'm SUPER CURIOUS!
bbbbbump!!!
If you've got the option, go for it, I've had nine natural drug free births and with my tenth I had the option of a water birth and took, it and it was amazing :)
why was it so much better than the others?
Bump
lol thanks peaches(:
just a totally different experence, its hard to explain, I used the shower for pain relief with the others but obviously had the warm water all around this last time, I wasnt sure how it was working so I stood up for a contraction, and knew it was definately doing its thing lol, also I was used to a midwife guiding babies head out, and with a water birth, they're totally hands off and just lean over and let you know how your going, so that was a new experience for me as well, it was cool to be able to lean into the water and get your baby, be the first one to hold them as well, the other things I noticed that was really different was that my husband couldnt be involved as much with this birth, the others he was in the shower with me holding the shower nozzel and massaging my back, this time round he was just sitting next to the birthing bath, I do want to experence another water birth and I also didnt swear as much either lol
hahaha in the water births, don't you have the option of having you hubby in the water with you?
it sounds amazing to be able to pick baby up out of the water nd be the first to hold nd touch her, but i want my hubby to be as involved as possible. its our first baby nd i wanna experience it with him.
some do I think I have seen photo etc of partners in birthing pools and if I remember, hubby was given the oportunity to hop in bet he knows what comes out at the time of birth lol and if you can do it I would encourage you to as it really is amazing :)
lol i think its something definitely worth talking about with hubby. nd we'll probably talk to our midwife about it. but i know if i really choose to do it, hubby will support me regardless. either way, i plan on doing it all natural, no meds. that's the plan for now at least haha
hubby's first response: "hell no! i don't want to get pooped on!!" lmfao
second response: "okay. i'll only get in with you if i can be naked"
ughhh what am i gonna do with him lmao
hahaha that's something my boyfriend would say. I really wanna do a water birth but im not sure if the hospital that im having my baby at offers that. but I have only ever heard wonderful things about water births.
the army hospital here offers them so i really wanna try to look into them. they also offer the water birthing classes. i watched one on youtube where the lady was like almost sitting on her baby lol but she was doing it at home with just her nd her husband. seems scary like that lol. but i don't want meds anyways so as long as everything goes as planned i will probably try it. i mean there's like a 70% chance that i'll try it lol
if your hospital offers it, would you do it?
im gonna talk to my obgyn on the 17 and see if the hospital offers it. im not due till june but I wanna get all the details planned out long before then. I would love to have a water birth. and I want it all natural, no meds.
some people have told me they've tried water births multiple times but never actually had the baby come out in the water lol
some hospitals will let you labour in the water but then get you to hop out for the pushing stage as well
Im a ftm and really want a water birth, i have not heard one bad thing about it and everyon whos done it said they would do it again! i just dont know if you can get an epideral with it and i want a epideral too :X
you can't have a water birth if you don't plan on doing it all natural. i know that much.
but i probably will labor in the water then hop out to push. idk. i'm really back nd forth. i mean i've seen what comes out during the birthing process nd i'm not sure i want to be soaking in it with my baby lol
You cant have a water birth and epidural. fhe epidural will nimb you too much to be abke to stand or lie in water. the only thing u can have in the water is.gas and air
its also not as painful when the babies head crowns, it still hurts but the pain isnt as raw as you have the water that counteracts it, and no epidural if your having a waterbirth, and you dont really notice much once bub is born, and if anything oopsy comes out while your pushing the midwives usually scoop it out really quickly without anyone noticing :)