Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Wet slippery cervical mucus after ovulation?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I ovulated on Tues. Jun 22nd and instead of completely drying up I just stayed sticky and then the last 2 days have been wet and slippery. No ovulatory cramping, but some achiness in lower back and hips. I am not TTC right now I am actually monitoring my cycles to know when not to have sex, but we were not quite as careful this month. My husband pulled out, but I think he waited a bit to long. oops! I had been reading that some of you experienced this when you did conceive so I was just wondering what your thoughts were. I know at this point it is way to early test and I am not going to unless I am late. So thanks for your thoughts.
Brandy
I've heard of that being a symptom, too. I've never been pregnant, but have the same thing as you. I'm really freaking out, not sure what to do. Hope someone else can chime in and say something about it.
i am pregnant with my second child which is due any day. when i got pregnant with both my kids i always had alot of mucos after ovulation. with my second child me and my man tried to do the same thing pull out b4 he ejaculated but it didnt work. i was breastfeeding my girl but when she turned 5 months she started eating baby cereal. thats when i got pregnant again. so i say alot mucos is a sign of pregnancy but thats just my opinion. i also was late for my third period and had a feeling
For the whole of your fertile period you will have wet, stretchy/slippery mucus.
The last day you see this mucus is the day of or the day after you have ovualated.
If you arnt TTC then you should consider using protection as no one can exactly pin point when they ovulate.
Even though your husband pulls out, pre-*** still contains sperm, so it is still possible to get pregnant, but more rare.
Tbh it seems to me that on some level you wouldnt mind if you got pregnant, as your not being careful. If you 100% didnt want a baby right now, then protection would be a major factor for you.
He lady.. it can be a sign but also can just be one of those things that you just notice more since your paying attention, ya know? I hope you get the answer you want.:)
We did similar except we used foam. I'm on CD30-31 so my period should've arrived yesterday or tomorrow. And my CM is ALOT, lotiony and all (TMI sorry!)

my boobs are sore and I'm bloated with a tender lower belly..
That is how I knew I was pregnant because I always dry up within a day or two of ovulation but when I got pregnant (I'm now 26 weeks 3 days) I stayed wet and a little slippery. I also was monitoring my cycle as a means of natural birth control and it had been working for about 6 months. I ALWAYS had ovulated on day 25 and only had an 11 day luteal phase (so a 36 day cycle total) so I thought I was safe having sex on cycle days 15 and 16.

Thus I was very surprised when the next day, cycle day 17, I started having slippery mucus and signs of ovulation, my basal body temp even rose the next day. Obviously I started worrying that I had ovulated early and then FertiliyFriend website said I had ovulated cycle day 17!

Then my cervical mucus never dried up and I really started to get suspicious. Around 3dpo I also started to get random pains in my abdomen around my belly button and even a couple of times off to the side down lower (they weren't really cramps, hard to explain).

So I would say there is a good chance you could be pregnant. If you are congratulations because even though it was a surprise for us it is an amazing experience! :)
Hi there,
So according to my 'Maybe baby' ovulation stick, I was full on ovulating last friday, but yesterday (4days after my supposed ovulation) I had thick clear mucus (eggwhite like) and a slight cramp in my lower abdomen (my husband and I are trying for a baby) so after some advice really!?  Does anyone know what the story is??
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
18 mins ago
Des_a_rae Here we go again with more ... Comment
Hollus, and KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy