Aa
A
A
Close
1278876 tn?1304911919
What can help with a sore throat during second trimester?
DH and I took DS to see my in laws day before yesterday, and the next day DS starts sneezing like crazy and his nose is running off his face. Then last night, my head starts getting congested, no as bad as DS though, and my throat starts KILLING me, i can barely swallow anything.
So I was wondering if anyone of you had any suggestions for what I can do to help alleviate my sore throat? I know with DS i'm pretty much s*crewed because they had that thing with the toddler cold medicine and now you can't find anything for kids under 6. I've been using the kids vapor rub and claritan to help with his congestion like his doctor told me to do when he was sick a few months ago. But I know i'm pretty much supposed to stay away from the tylenol cold multi-system and im not sure what throat drops I can have since i know they actually put medicine in some of them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ladies! Thanks
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
689528 tn?1364139441
I had a cold during my second or maybe even first trimester I can't remember. I drank lots of hot lemon and honey water. I took extra vitamin C....if you take too much it'll give you the runs but your body can surprisingly take a lot! Make sure you gargle with an antiseptic mouth wash or plain water and salt...that helps get the bad bacteria in your throat. You could try a sinus rinse to get rid of your congestion. I found cough drops that were mainly vitamin c and all natural. Just make sure they don't have like echenasia (sp?) or anything like that in them. You could ask your pharmacist.
Other than that...lots of water and rest. HOpefully it doesn't stick around too long.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
yes as Heathem4 said, I too prefer gargle with warm water and salt added in it before going to bed time. even u can do it any time. intake vitamin C. pepper in the milk will also help you.
Drink lots of water.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Please reply to my post I need advice big times
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
134578 tn?1463413330
Blank
AnnieBrooke commented on Green Tea and Green T...
8 hrs ago
4769306 tn?1451008167
Blank
hansen20, and KeeLolo commented on hansen20's status
9 hrs ago
2020005 tn?1476662562
Blank
KTowne Weston is about 7lbs 3ozs a... Comment
11 hrs ago
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy