What do you all think about having your baby at home v. the hospital
I've seen some video clips of women giving birth at home. I think that would be so much more relaxing that being all hooked up to IV's and having a bunch of people poke at you. Has anybody done this or thought about it? Sorry I've been posting so much, I'm in a talkative mood.
i think it can be good if you are not high risk or anything but i guess it could be risky as well.  Personally i like hospitals and everyone coming to see the baby at the hospital besides if I gave birth at home i would be trying to clean the house the same day and i think it is important to get as much rest as possible.
I'm torn. A home birth seems so wonderful, but going to a hospital is so traditional now, that it almost seems like part of the experience. Packing the bags, rushing off while husband drives like a snail, arriving and being treated like a queen by the nurses... Ahhhhhhhhh...

There are reasons women have IVs and if something were to go wrong in a split second, even in a healthy pregnancy, it is important to have that IV port at the ready as it is HARD to find a vein in a swollen pregnant arm/hand.

Some home births are arranged so that emergency stuff is available. I think home births would be better in a city than if you were way out in the country, far from help.
I would never consider a birth at home.  I had many complications at the end of my pregnancy and if it weren't for a hospital and the wonderful dr's and nurses both in the emergency room and NICU neither myself or daughter would probably be here today.  You never know what can go wrong and you may not have time to get to a hospital.  The comfort thing is something to think about, but I am not someone that is rattled easily or uncomfortable easily.  The hospital didn't bother me, they actually make them kind of nice now...where your baby and husband/partner/bf/whatever, can stay with you.  You usually have your own bathroom and everything.  Most hospitals allow you to tour before hand so you would be familiar with it, and hopefully more comfortable then. Good Luck!
Yeah, you're right. I don't think I would do it because I'd be scared, it would be a nice thought though. Believe me, there is no country in CT, it's like one big city. It looks so effortless on all those videos I've seen.
Yeah, I had an LDR room with both girls. It's a Labor Delivery Recovery room. Not exactly like a birthing center, but very similar. You stay in the same bed for labor, to deliver, and recover. You never leave the bed unless you need to pee or walk around! LOL! I loved it. And my room was huge with a jacuzzi (which I never used).
thats the kind of room i want!!! I live in Augusta Ga and you would think they would have nice rooms like that here but they dont.   :(
I live in Kansas City so we have like five major hospitals real close. Children's Mercy is a nationally recognized hospital here (I think it is 2nd or 3rd in the nation for children's health). So we typically have state-of-the-art everything. Most major cities do. That's strange Augusta doesn't!!!
well we have a total on 4 public hospitals and 1 military.  The best one is really nice but no tub.  :(
we have 3 hospitals 2 private 1 public but i would never go for home birth i would worry something would go wrong and plus yes i live in the country would take around 25 minutes to get to the closest one but for some its good if u like it.
Even though I live in the city, it would take probably 20-25 minutes to get to the hospital, too, because of traffic. I have to get on the highway to get there. But it'd be harder for an ambulance to get to you if you were doing a home birth.
I don't have much choice as far as hospitals go....it's one or nothing.  The joys of living the small town life.  I guess I should be lucky that we even HAVE a hospital LOL.  The next closest BIG hospital is about 40 minutes away in Macon, GA.  I haven't been in the ldr rooms here but I've had two kids in a military hospital....it doesn't get much worse than that LOL.  Personally I prefer the hospital.  With 3 other kids it's nice to have everyone go home for a night and for it to be just me and the new baby...I'm not into all these crazy birth techniques nowadays...like water birthing and stuff.  For me just throw me on a bed slap my feet in some stirrups and yell PUSH :)  I did tell my H that he may need to learn how to birth a baby though becuase as fast as my last labors were I may not MAKE it to the hospital with this one. LOL