Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
What do you think about cracking your back?

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I'm almost 20 weeks pregnant right now, and my back needs cracked like everynight, sometimes a couple times.. I always have had neck problems.. but what do you think? Should I not crack it so often, or is this normal?  not much aching really... just it goes away after a crack it by tensing up my muscles and bending back slightly [while laying down, i started almost passing out from doing it standing up :-S]
Do you think that it's a bad thing, to do that so often anyone from experience or something.. cause I don't know if that's just making it happen more, or if it will make it worse in the long run.. But I was just curious. Or does this just happen sometimes when you get so far along..?
And when I do it sideways, it cracks so many little times it sounds like, i don't know.. weird... Should i be concerned or tell my doc about it? my next appt. is in 4 weeks..
I know a man who is a professor of massage and chiropractic care. Cracking your back is dangerous and is not good for your bones/cartilidge. There are chiropractors who see pregnant women specifically. Maybe you could see one and learn a safe way to eleviate the pressure or have them professionaly adjust your back???

Also, it is dangerous especially during pregnancy because your spine actually shifts and chances position (in your lower back) to accomodate for baby. Def. bring it up with your doc!
Okay.. I'll be sure to do that. If I remember that in 4 weeks. hah
ive been seeing a chiropracter pre pregnancy for fertility and during my pregnancy so far. It has helped immensely. Id strongly recommend it. it does not hurt and is completely safe. It also will help you to have a good labour and for everything to go well.
best of luck -
xx
I hear it is completely safe and really helps! I have even heard it has eleviated women's headaches/migraines! If I could I would go to a chiropractor for adjustments. Before I was pregnant, it always made me feel better. But I don't know of any right now who specialize in pregnant women. You allways want to do reasearch and make sure you find a really good chiro.  =)
These are good suggestions ladies! but... i don't have a job and it's my mother paying for my expenses... :-S I don't want to put that on her on top of this pregnancy and everything, just.. I'd rather not I suppose i'd rather just live with the pain in my back because i'm sure chiropractor's are expensive..
Im 33 wks pregnant and my back is killing me.. is it safe to crack it??
KeeLolo, KTowne, and hansen20 commented on KTowne's status
8 mins ago
hansen20 commented on KTowne's status
1 hr ago
hansen20, and KeeLolo commented on hansen20's status
1 hr ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy