When do you get your period after breastfeeding?
I am so annoyed. I stopped breastfeeding Aspen about a month and a half two months ago and my period has yet to surface. This may be too much info but for the last couple of days its like all of a sudden I wet myself and I think "great my period started" only to go to the restroom and there is nothing but discharge! Ugh. Its been so long since I've had a period I don't even know the signs of it coming. Is that one of them? Also I've been cramping... do you cramp before your period is due or during or both? This is probably one of the stupidest posts on here but I am driving myself crazy!
lol it's not stupid. It's easy to forget after so long. I think the increase in discharge could be either you're ovulating or your period is coming. And yes most women get cramps before and/or during their period. It could take a while for your body to get back on track. (as you've apparently already figured out lol)
Not to scare you but have you taken a pregnancy test?  With my youngest girl I breastfed and supplemented....didn't start my period while I was BF'ing.  Stopped BF'ing when she was around 5 mos....and never started my period...turns out I got pregnant the very first cycle I had after stopping BF'ing.  Crazy eh?

Might think about a test just to be on the safe side....I now have two that are 14 mos apart and it was quite accidental :)
Yeah I've had sex like 4 times since having Aspen... last time was like a week ago and that would be WAY to early for symptoms. I took a test like a month ago and it was - . I'm also on Mirena so the chances are pretty small that I could be prego.
my girlfriend stopped breastfeeding her son and it took her 2 to 2.5months to get her period.  i'm 8 months preg and feel like it's been forever since my period, i can only imagaine how you feel after an entire pregnancy and several months breastfeeding!!  although i must admit, i love the break from it.  but i'm sure after baby comes i will be ready for some normalcy afterwards.  as far as the symptoms, i would always get d/c a few days before, then have a dry day and then af.  and i would usually cramp the day before and the first day or two of.  good luck girl!
Your IUD probably has something to do with it also.  I've heard they cause irregular bleeding.  I have a friend that just got hers taken out and she couldn't remember the last time she had a period before it coming out.
I also have the Mirena IUD and have had only one period since i was pregnant,which was two and a half years ago!! got to the mirena website at www.mirena.com and read up on it. sounds to me like you are one of the lucky ones like me!!
I just had my daughter in may and a doctor's appointment yesterday.  I wanted to set up an appointment for mirena and they asked when my last cycle was and i told them that I haven't had one yet.  they looked at me like I had three heads!  so I told them that I'm exclusively breastfeeding and they set me up for an appointment in september because they said that I may not get a period till then or maybe even later....
Mirena IUD's can cause you to miss your periods, if you want your periods with no hormonal intervention try a Paraguard which is a copper IUD it will not cause you to miss your periods.
Yeah I might have to switch because not knowing what is going on up there really freaks me out. Haha who would of thought I would be excited to see AF! :)