Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
When pregnant, does the period stop automatically?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

If i´m about to have my period, and had unprotected sex, will my period come anyway or will I have it and start the pregnancy process after my period is done?
You ovulate about 14 days BEFORE your period. So the only way you'd get pregnant before your period is if you have about a 14 day cycle (a period every two weeks). An unfertilized egg is what causes your period. If the egg does not get fertilized, your body will shed the uterine lining and flush the egg.
it depends on when your period is due to arrive, you generally ovulate around the middle of your cycle, so if your a 28 days cycle you would ovulate on or around day 14, if your having sex a couple of days before you get your period, generally the only way you can get pregnant from that is if you have extremely short cycles of around 21 or so days
Yes, I do understand that, but suppose that in some weird way I get pregnant some days before my period (even if it´s not the ovulating phase). Will it cease to come automatically, or would I get it anyway even if I´m at the start of the pregnancy?
you cannot get pregnant when your not ovulating, ovulation releases the egg from your overies, until that egg is released you cant get pregnant
Ok, thanks! The thing is, I have an irregular menstrual cycle, but for the last 3 months it´s been regular, and I THINK I´m about to get it because I started getting cramps. That´s why I had sex. But suppose I miscalculated it and was ovulating... then there is no way I can get my period right? It would stop inmediatly...? Or can I get pregnant and have another last period anyway? I´m sorry, I know my questions sound stupid, but I´m confused and scared... I had sex 3 days ago, how long do I have to wait to get a pregnancy test?
You can't have a regular period when you're pregnant, but you can bleed while you're pregnant. Some women bleed every month around the time they're period would have started (but it's not called a period). If you had sex three days ago then you should wait about two weeks to take a test. Some women cramp when they ovulate. If you're not trying to get pregnant, I would suggest using condoms and getting put on birth control.
Ok, and do the boobs hurt too and are sensible when you´re ovulating? Because it´s happening now and I think that symptom only comes when you´re about to get you period right? And are home pregnancy tests accurate?
I meant "sensitive";
HPT are normally pretty accurate.  as for the boobs thing, I know my were a little more sensitive then normal the day that I ovulated and then it went away until just before my cycle started.
I got my period!
I guess it got delayed because of sex (I´ve been told that this can happen) or changes in my lifestyle, I don´t know, but phewww, I will definetly take your guys´ advice and look for the best option for birth control... Thanks a lot for your answers!
By they way, how do I choose a "best answer"?
I'm glad you got the result you were looking for. I always got an email that said choose your best answer. I followed the link in the email and picked an answer.
Ugh, tried it and can´t do it. Don´t know why...
Anyway, thanks a lot! Now I´m beginning to realize how poor my anathomic/sexual education was haha. I understand more now :)
You can get preg regardless if your ovulation or not i say this bc i had the iud and it was put in wrong i had it removed in nov went bk to doc's and she told me i have follicles on my ovaries witch are eggs so if for some reason u didnt pass that egg u could get preg i would recomend birth control if you're not trying to get pregnant
i mean  we were ware clothed,i have sex with this girl i was released into her but not inside her, just touched her ***** with my **** i spread out the ***,the *** was touched her ***** just out side, mean moisture on her ***** with my ***, is there any chance to get pregnancy please reply.
hi...i had sex wid my gf a week before her period started...(without condom)...but i ejaculated my sperm out of her vagina...and today she told me that her period didnt stopped..it continued for 5 days......will she be pregnant??????rply plz
hi! what do you mean by bleeding while you're pregnant? how long does it last per bleeding? thanks!
I need ur Help
Past 7 weeks my Girlfriend not having periods every day she ll ask me that she is getting pregnant or not how i now that plz help me ,
& alomst 3 months back we had sex with safely plz tel me.
dizzy_lizzy12345 uploaded a new photo
Hollus commented on renae176's status
Hollus commented on laureninlove's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy