Who has had a water birth? POLL!
Okay so my cousin and I got into a discussion about water birth. She was really wanting to do it and I had wanted to do it my last birth but didn't have one of the rooms with a whirlpool when it came time to deliver my daughter (the rooms were taken). My sister just had a water birth as well with her fourth daughter (her other three were "land births" as they are sometimes called) and just loved it.

So anyway my cousin met with a new doctor's office and asked about water birth. She told me the nurse didn't care for water birth and said there's an increased risk of infection BUT she loved for women to labor in water and it was very beneficial. It was really confusing to me, especially as she is fine with women laboring in water but not with birthing in the water. I don't see how one increases the likelihood of infection but not the other. Does that make sense? I would think if water truly increases the risk of infection then they wouldn't want women to labor in the water *either* because if their water is broken or breaks while in there... doesn't that defeat their argument?

Okay so here is my question for the poll. It is intended ONLY for those who have had a water birth or labored in water. If you both labored AND birthed in water please select that you 'birthed in water' for the poll.

DID YOU GET AN INFECTION AFTER YOUR WATER LABOR/BIRTH?

1
1. I labored in water and did NOT get an infection.

0
2. I labored in water and DID get an infection.

0
3. I birthed in water and did NOT get an infection.

0
4. I birthed in water and DID get an infection.
And honestly this is really just for my own curiosity and not to debate with her. She's made her choice and I still desire to do a water birth for myself. But I wanted the reassurance. I have yet to do any study on this or talk to my own midwives about it (they're pro-water so I'm pretty sure I know what they'll say).

If you didn't have a water birth but know someone who has you can vote on their behalf if you don't mind! I don't expect to get a whole ton of votes so any little bit helps.
I labored in the water with my first, no infections whatsoever! For me, I was in so much pain, at that point, nothing felt good and I wanted to get out of the water. Otherwise, I probably would have given birth to him in the tub. I would LOVE to give birth in the water, but with some bleeding issues I have had with both of my deliveries, it doesn't seem too wise for me. :( I prefer nice warm showers while in labor. :)