Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Why is my belly so big?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Why is my belly so big?

I can't wait for my appointment in two days, because I really need to know if we are expecting more than 1 baby ;) I am going on 5 weeks and I have gained 4 pounds. I have never seen my abdomen this big before. Can somebody tell me if I am just retaning water, or if any of you went through the same thing because you were expecting more than one?
It is common to be bloated in early pregnancy.  So it could be that but there is always that off chance.  Sorry I can't be more help.
It could be either or both!  It could be multiples or it could be water retention and bloating. I know many women have the PMS weight gain and it could be like that since we still get those symptoms at the beginning of our pregnancy. Or you could just be gaining weight more quickly. I've know some people who have gained 10lbs in the first trimester. While it isn't the norm (average is 3lbs) there are always exceptions to the rules. I was an exception to the rule as well. I didnt gain an ounce until week 15 of pregnancy I'm now 22 weeks and still not in maternity clothes. My cousin gained 25 pounds by 20 weeks, I've gained maybe 8lbs. Every body is different
First of second baby?
If you have had more then one babies, your body ususally starts showing sooner. But i would have to say it is just bloating, it could be multiples but you will never know till the u/s. I know i gained a few pounds in the first few weeks and then lost it again and now have gained it back lol i am 10 weeks 4 days, 3rd baby
melandjae is ... Comment
1 hr ago
KeeLolo, and hansen20 commented on hansen20's status
hansen20, and KeeLolo commented on hansen20's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy